BALLBREAKER Member 427 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Posted 30/09/06 09:03 PM Posted 30/09/06 09:03 PM Good onya mate,that's got 2 be the fastest unopened & stock auto t in ozzy land.How much power are u running.Great time & a 159 60 fter sick.These cars are really starting 2 show what they & a good driver can do.CHEERS BB
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 20d Posted 30/09/06 09:16 PM Posted 30/09/06 09:16 PM Just got home from night shift and got your TXT messages Dave GREAT STUFF!!!!! I told my mate at work who went to the drags to watch out for you I said a high 10 could be on the cards if the track was good and I was right. Great to see some fast times in North Queensland. That would have to be a record for an unopened XR and doing it up North with the crap fuel we have makes it even better. Whats next for Blueboost then? Im thinking a roll cage!
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 30/09/06 09:58 PM Author Posted 30/09/06 09:58 PM I only tune on the road, so I am guessing about 325-330rwks, and a sh*t load of torque. thanks Judd, sometimes you should quit while it is in one peace.but I don't know if I am smart enough to stop, and the auto feels real strong,so might push them both further, I will let it settle in first and then decide.the car also ran 11.4@122(spun), 11.3@122, 11.1@123, 11.1@ 123, 11.20(spun)@123, 10.95@124,(bigger burnout, no spin)most was in the day at about 30 degree's, but the ten was in the evening at about 18-20, which is cool for up here, and it even got cooler later, but I had reached that goal, and I had a 300 klm drive in front of me, so I pulled out. David
XRDRIFT Member 143 Member For: 20y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool, Sydney NSW Posted 30/09/06 10:20 PM Posted 30/09/06 10:20 PM Congratz mate, good to see another XR6T into the tens, and not only doing consistant 11's and then doing a 10, you drove it home from the track......Home many cars you see pull slower times and get towed home......Must be Expensive Daewoo built and rotary powered... Great achievement mate, and dont stop, 9's are around the corner but say bye bye to your sanity... Great work
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/09/06 11:12 PM Posted 30/09/06 11:12 PM Congratulations to Dave. Was a big day, starting at 9:00am and not finishing until 10:00pm. Just goes to show that it's not just the "big boys" and prominent tuning workshops that can get the numbers. What's even more surprising is that Dave hasn't had the SCT software for all that long either. He's just proved that he's up there amongst the best tuners in the Country.I was dissapointed with my efforts but did a PB anyway. The power was there it's just the driver wasn't....
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 01/10/06 12:11 AM Posted 01/10/06 12:11 AM Dave that is awesome, you beat me too it, well done. what were you stalling it too off the line and boost?
INFLYT Legacy Donating Member 784 Member For: 20y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: N.S.W, Sydney Posted 01/10/06 12:30 AM Posted 01/10/06 12:30 AM That is genuinely awesome man. Im sure all of us wish we could drive our car's to the track, leave it as is, and run a 10 second pass. These car's seem to be catching up to the VL Turbo's achievements in only a few short year's.
The NUT Member 163 Member For: 20y 5m 27d Location: Townsville Posted 01/10/06 12:37 AM Posted 01/10/06 12:37 AM Congratulations Dave!!! Mate the car had to do it, but I bet you didnt think it would do it before you opened it! I think that deserves some praise especially running a 10 up here in north queensland!Congratulations once again Dave to you and your stocker lookin rocket! CheersNut
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 01/10/06 12:39 AM Posted 01/10/06 12:39 AM That is insane, how does your MPH compare to other 10 second runners?
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 01/10/06 12:43 AM Author Posted 01/10/06 12:43 AM thanks guy'sdid not look at the rpm, but it is a 2500 dominator stall, it could do a better 60ft,but the track did not have the traction for more.I had 17 psi to 5000rpm then 15psi the restmy exhaust is to restrictive to make power all the way at 17psi, so I had to compromise from 5000 up. David
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now