Custom Exhaust

Ninka

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 2d

Just thought I would post some information about my latest mod, which is a custom made 2 x 1/2" mandrel bent stainless steel system.

Exhaust configuration is: SMB 4" dump pipe, SMB 5" cat, 2 x 2 1/2" mandrel bent cat back system ending in 4 x 2 1/2" stainless tips.

System was built by APC in Myaree, and they have been fantastic, as I was unhappy with the sound (drone) of the first attempt, and they have come to the part and changed the rear mufflers and reduced the size of the tips, all with absolutely no fuss.

I will try to get photos on the weekend :spoton:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d

You would have thought they (APC ) might have learnt from when Greg did his quads there ( wangarra ). It too droned, and they had to change the mufflers. Don't these people talk to each other??

Edited by F6 UTE

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 2d
You would have thought they (APC ) might have learnt from when Greg did his quads there ( wangarra ). It too droned, and they had to change the mufflers. Don't these people talk to each other??

Apparently not :spoton:

This is especially critical in an auto, as the rev range is narrower than a manual during normal driving.

• 1 month later...

You've done pretty much what I've discussed with APC in Wangara. Initially I'm just going to do the twin pipes with quad tips and then progress from there

I am a bit reluctant because I don't want a horrible drone but they've assured me that this won't be the case yet I am reading that apparently this has happened in the past.

Hope yours is just what you were after. Sounds like it.