mikeBF2TLS Member 32 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 15/09/06 01:08 PM Posted 15/09/06 01:08 PM Hi Forum,Since the release of the BA T I've been quietly pondering around in the background as MikeAUXr6 (yep I'm still driving a 98 XR6VCT), and while it still pulls and screams like I 1st got it -no oil usage apart from the diff clunk, rattles, and intermittent battery light that keeps the Ford guys scratching their heads) its time to update. (I've now had 3 Xr's in succession) My heart has always been set on the T and for the last 5 years I've been listening and watching this Forum for all the good bits and your heartaches to validate my BIG T purchase.However am also a tad sidelined by the VE with the base SS 6 litre costing far less than a new T, and the Toyota Aurion (total blasphemy) spruiking supercharged 240kw+ with 100kg les than a T.Went to McGraths in Belconnen Canberra today to suss out any info on the BF11. The sales guy pulled out an 'in house' brochure on the BF11 XR6T, and I can confirm -have seen the print of the following:-1) New colours (only 2)2) New interior stitching (so what!)3) New instrument cluster4) Blue Tooth capability (due 12/06) 5) No external skin change to the Tand THAT IS IT!There is no change in the KW's for the T. I specifically asked and was told that there is no power upgrade to the T.Please, someone else go and check with a dealer that the above is BS, as I'm sure that they all would have the same brochure to validate the above. Ich am at a cross roads. Do I do the VE SS, or wait for the 'AU' Toyota (yech?) or bite the bullet and accept the BF11T as it is? CheersMikeAUXR6 (soone to be Mike BF11T?????)
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/09/06 01:15 PM Posted 15/09/06 01:15 PM I take it you are only interested in brand new.Some good modded vehicles come up here for saleScotty
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 15/09/06 01:18 PM Posted 15/09/06 01:18 PM The ford website itself confirms no power upgrade, never really expected one myself. I cant see too many people round here telling you to get a SS or Toyota.Go the T mate, its a great car!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/09/06 12:35 AM Posted 16/09/06 12:35 AM (edited) Ich am at a cross roads. Do I do the VE SS, or wait for the 'AU' Toyota (yech?) or bite the bullet and accept the BF11T as it is? ←I think you'd already know the answer after posting in a place like this!Ultimately it comes down to whatever floats your boat.....myself though I couldn't even utter those other two models let alone actually buy one and drive it. Edited 16/09/06 12:48 AM by tab
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 7d Location: Perth Posted 16/09/06 12:48 AM Posted 16/09/06 12:48 AM While the T/XR8 may not get a power upgrade, it would be foolish for FPV to sit on it's hands and not increase the power of the FPV lineup. If they don't, watch HSV slaughter the FPV sales once again.Whether FPV like it or not, horsepower sells cars.
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 16/09/06 12:55 AM Posted 16/09/06 12:55 AM However am also a tad sidelined by the VE with the base SS 6 litre costing far less than a new T, and the Toyota Aurion (total blasphemy) spruiking supercharged 240kw+ with 100kg les than a T.Went to McGraths in Belconnen Canberra today to suss out any info on the BF11. The sales guy pulled out an 'in house' brochure on the BF11 XR6T, and I can confirm -have seen the print of the following:-1) New colours (only 2)2) New interior stitching (so what!)3) New instrument cluster4) Blue Tooth capability (due 12/06) 5) No external skin change to the Tand THAT IS IT!There is no change in the KW's for the T. I specifically asked and was told that there is no power upgrade to the T.Please, someone else go and check with a dealer that the above is BS, as I'm sure that they all would have the same brochure to validate the above. Ich am at a cross roads. Do I do the VE SS, or wait for the 'AU' Toyota (yech?) or bite the bullet and accept the BF11T as it is? CheersMikeAUXR6 (soone to be Mike BF11T?????)←Dude, you can use all of that info in bargaining.Point out how the BF II has bugger all updates and the new Late model camira and aurion seem to be very worthy competitors.If u wana mod it go XR6T. If u wana stay stock go one of the others.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 15d Posted 16/09/06 01:23 AM Posted 16/09/06 01:23 AM I agree, if you want stock id go the VE SS. Its quicker then the Turbo and a new model with better resale etc plus its fresh. If you wanna mod then go the T!
JBomb3000 Legacy Donating Member 875 Member For: 20y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/09/06 01:26 AM Posted 16/09/06 01:26 AM I'd get the SS and keep that for 2 years until the new falcon comes out in 2008.
BOoya Member 118 Member For: 20y 2m 10d Location: Somewhere on the Open Highway, NT Posted 16/09/06 05:45 AM Posted 16/09/06 05:45 AM wonder if that Bluetooth set can be added to the BF1's
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 16/09/06 06:01 AM Posted 16/09/06 06:01 AM You watch your resale of BF II go down the gurgler when Orion hits the market.Id have a look at the new VE Commy. I AM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now