Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 29/08/06 08:28 AM Posted 29/08/06 08:28 AM Hmm cool. I wonder if this will fix my noise problem. I have to investigate whether it is the crossover that is picking up the noise signals, cos if it is I will have to relocate it. I might get stuck into it next weekend with the sound deadening. So the roll was enough to do both doors??
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 29/08/06 08:31 AM Author Posted 29/08/06 08:31 AM Yep 2 doors with a bit to spare
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 7m 25d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 29/08/06 08:37 AM Posted 29/08/06 08:37 AM Hmm cool. I wonder if this will fix my noise problem. I have to investigate whether it is the crossover that is picking up the noise signals, cos if it is I will have to relocate it. I might get stuck into it next weekend with the sound deadening. So the roll was enough to do both doors??←it might even fit your splits in the tyres.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 29/08/06 08:39 AM Posted 29/08/06 08:39 AM Haha splits?? U mean crevasces!! I'm surprised the air is staying in the rear tyres... got 2 big splits in the rubber
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 7m 25d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 29/08/06 08:42 AM Posted 29/08/06 08:42 AM Haha splits?? U mean crevasces!! I'm surprised the air is staying in the rear tyres... got 2 big splits in the rubber←buy another ten rolls, that will fix them.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 01/09/06 06:44 AM Posted 01/09/06 06:44 AM Got myself some of this from bunnings... got any tips/tricks to applying it? Is it secure across that big hole? I'll give it a go on the weekend
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 01/09/06 08:29 AM Author Posted 01/09/06 08:29 AM I just stuck it on and over lapped it a bit, did two layers over the big holes but to be really serious you could cut out some sections of thing ply wood and cover the big holes then put the deadener over... but they way I did it works well, you really just want to seal the front airtight to stock sound waves coming around off the rear of the cone. I took out the sub box for the track yesterday and the speakers running full range sounded great, some nice deep bass for 6s
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 02/09/06 09:46 AM Posted 02/09/06 09:46 AM Cool, thanks mateTomorrow's project
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 03/09/06 05:35 AM Posted 03/09/06 05:35 AM So far so good, I'll add some pics to my custom install thread...
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 28/10/06 08:21 AM Posted 28/10/06 08:21 AM (edited) where were the tweeters mounted if the crossover was in the door?is it hard running "better" speaker wire through the gromet to the doors??what thickness ply/mdf did you use?danny. Edited 28/10/06 08:21 AM by Headsex
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now