Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

Koni do make the twist knob style shocks, do they not make them for BA yet??

I had the yellow (remove to adjust coilovers) in my last car, what a pain in the parsnip to swap settings......

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The Koni's are Red and they do not have the knob on the side to ajust.

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

From the thread on my car...

I have a fully adjustable Koni 8211 suspension.

There is separate bump and rebound adjustment.

Front and rear are height adjustable.

Rear spring has around double the stock spring rate

Nizpro have made a special mod so that the rear is height adjustable, and very easy to adjust the ride height (as you can see).

xr6t8u_rear_springs.jpg

Here are the rear Konis.

xr6t8u_rear_koni_2079.jpg

Here are the front coilovers:

xr6t8u_front_koni_2099.jpg
  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted
The Koni's are Red and they do not have the knob on the side to ajust.

The red Konis' are the 'cheaper' ones aren't they??

The Yellows have the adjustable knob, as do Brians', as per his post pix :blink:

  • Weird Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 27d
  • Location: ACT
Posted
The Koni's are Red and they do not have the knob on the side to ajust.

The red Konis' are the 'cheaper' ones aren't they??

The Yellows have the adjustable knob, as do Brians', as per his post pix :spoton:

that's what I was getting at, in his original post SausageD said he was quoted $1500 for a set of Koni sport, these would be the externally adjustable ones not the "remove to fiddle' red ones Zip_F6 has for $1250 with springs.

As I understand it there a 3 levels of Koni's.

1 Special Red, remove from car to adjust, designed to compensate for wear over time..

special-shock-4wd-wodonga.jpg

2 Sport, Yellow, externally adjustable with giant knob (no not solean) on the top.

However, hard to fit on the BA/BF as on the fronts the PCM and rad overflow in the way. Then inner boot lining trim in the way on the rear.

sport-shock-1-koni-shocks.jpg

3 Money no object type ones as fitted to BCL's car with little knob on the bottom of the dampers outside the car.

But I could be wrong.....but probably not. :puke:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

hmm...I was told that the Red ones are the only ones for the Falcon, but this was over 12 months ago.

I want a knob on mine :laughing:

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

I want a knob on mine :laughing:

Give Spleen or DBoss a call. They'll be only too willing to help[ out.., even Tab might be up for it..

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

As I understand it there a 3 levels of Koni's.

Indeed. I am unaware of the levels available on the BA, but you are correct :laughing:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Tunehouse(.com) in Sydney is a Fulcrum dealer and has the Tein Kits available for the BF/BAs.

I'm not sure of the price but I would bet that they are worth the money based on my experience with the Tein gear in my previously owned R32 GTR...

Have a chat to Jim if you are interested ...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

...SausageD said...

I want a new username :sleepystuff:

Thanks for the extra info there fellas, ceratinly more to investigate. The main thing I'm after is a great suspension setup, where the compenents compliment each other, and I'm not left wishing I hadn't bothered.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...