SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 6m Gender: Male Posted 09/08/06 10:30 PM Author Posted 09/08/06 10:30 PM Spiko,Looks like a big improvement over stock.Are you planning to have the ABS sensor gear installed on the new units ?It is the spiked looking gear that is needed for Traction control and ABS.←No ABS or TC on my car Zapp.
HUSTLER Member 663 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Location: Broken Hill Posted 10/08/06 03:37 AM Posted 10/08/06 03:37 AM Unfortunatly this doesnt look like a real option for us guys so far! U have to run the full spool, amoungst other stuff, which would take half the fun out of driving the car. I guess it would be a pig to drive round town, and also be highly illegal!! lol Terry said if there is a market for us guys wanting to keep LSD then he would look at it then. But I guess that up to him and he is a long way from releasing anything LSD related. HE also said that the cost is around 6 grand. Which is way more then I am prepared to hand over lol. Oh well, just keep on waiting on for other stuff to be released, IF EVER, guess I sit here and wait another 2 weeeeeeks!! hahaha
GTO_ Inactive Members 1 Member For: 20y 1m 27d Posted 10/08/06 05:58 AM Posted 10/08/06 05:58 AM (edited) I will part with around 3500, but not 5 grand!! That seems bloody extreme!! Even the 3500 I am prepared to pay seems extreme!! lol So have these been finshed now or not? Still two weeks away no dought!!!←I will post some pics soon and you will understand the cost and why? There is alot of work involved.If you think 5K is alot you should see what the LS1 boys are paying for a cuctom 9 inch IRS with shafts apprx: $9000 fitted.I think it's cheap, personally.regardsSpiko←No offence mate, but you need to get your hand off it ... Who is paying $9K for a 9" conversion when it's not even needed! If anyone with an LS1 is doing that they need their head read or have an 8 second or lower car.Just as an example is "BIG Shaun" (on LS1 forums) VY SS manual runs a 10.0 @ 141mph (pretty much full wieght) and the only mods to the drivetrain are as follows:Gearbox: stock standard from factory T56 manualClutch: TextraliaTail Shaft: stock standard from factoryDiff Housing: stock standard with addition of Harrop diff coverDiff Centre: Kazz centre with 3.9 gearsAxles: standard GMH GTO axlesCost all up: $3,000 - $3,500 (clutch not included)And 9"? NOT NEEDED! The above is also a manual which is a hell of alot more agressive on the drivetrain than any auto will ever be that most of the fast T's are running. Edited 10/08/06 09:26 AM by Adam
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Location: North Brisbane Posted 10/08/06 06:24 AM Posted 10/08/06 06:24 AM Nice first post.
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 6m Gender: Male Posted 10/08/06 06:36 AM Author Posted 10/08/06 06:36 AM (edited) I will part with around 3500, but not 5 grand!! That seems bloody extreme!! Even the 3500 I am prepared to pay seems extreme!! lol So have these been finshed now or not? Still two weeks away no dought!!!←I will post some pics soon and you will understand the cost and why? There is alot of work involved.If you think 5K is alot you should see what the LS1 boys are paying for a cuctom 9 inch IRS with shafts apprx: $9000 fitted.I think it's cheap, personally.regardsSpiko←No offence mate, but you need to get your hand off it ... Who is paying $9K for a 9" conversion when it's not even needed! If anyone with an LS1 is doing that they need their head read or have an 8 second or lower car.Just as an example is "BIG Shaun" (on LS1 forums) VY SS manual runs a 10.0 @ 141mph (pretty much full wieght) and the only mods to the drivetrain are as follows:Gearbox: stock standard from factory T56 manualClutch: TextraliaTail Shaft: stock standard from factoryDiff Housing: stock standard with addition of Harrop diff coverDiff Centre: Kazz centre with 3.9 gearsAxles: standard GMH GTO axlesCost all up: $3,000 - $3,500 (clutch not included)And 9"? NOT NEEDED! The above is also a manual which is a hell of alot more agressive on the drivetrain than any auto will ever be that most of the fast T's are running.Your obviously talking about the alternative, that is do nothing and wait till it breaks.I do not doubt your mate is doing whatever he is doing. But I tell you this. There are alot of LS1 boy's running custom IRS 9" diffs that they purchase with CV,s from Diff Technics at around 9K they are obviously running auto's with transbrakes and Nitrous some of them any way and making alot of power.I have seen many broken LS1 diffs and I asure you that my hand is not on anything buddy.What your saying is there are guy's that are doing decent times without this expence. I AGREE but there are also guy's that are not and they are breaking them.Keep in mind that I drove my car with over 500rwkws on the street at the track only 2 passes and I never broke my Cv's or diff. This doesn,t guarantee that if I do launch hard they will not break!!!!!!!!!!I do not see where your getting your facts from but it's obviously not from the quarter mile scene, because you would already know what I am talking about!!Never mind though, I just can't see what offended you. Maybe you drive a Expensive Daewoo that would explain it.RegardsSpiko Edited 10/08/06 09:28 AM by Adam
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 10/08/06 09:16 AM Posted 10/08/06 09:16 AM Just another troll
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 10/08/06 09:32 AM Posted 10/08/06 09:32 AM Posts edited...GTO, if you have something to add about the topic at hand by all means do so, but leave the mud slinging bullsh!t out of it. Thanks.
NeedmorePower Member 192 Member For: 20y 10m 9d Posted 10/08/06 09:40 AM Posted 10/08/06 09:40 AM now that wasnt nice was it
XRDRIFT Member 143 Member For: 20y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool, Sydney NSW Posted 23/09/06 02:37 AM Posted 23/09/06 02:37 AM (edited) Yeah, Holden/GM never built something good, that's why they use the FORD 9" as the alternative to handle big power in serious applications and be reliable, not saying fords are any better by much but they are.Anyways those CV's look FAT!!, hope they hold up, And good luck with the progress on your "T".PS,wtf are Expensive Daewoo protagonists doin here? Its a Ford forum XR6t thing? Boot GTO out Jealous on what a 4.0 litre can do with a hair dryer beside it..pfff 6.0 litres who needs it Edited 23/09/06 02:38 AM by XRDRIFT
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now