incito Member 20 Member For: 20y 9m 13d Posted 09/06/06 06:17 AM Posted 09/06/06 06:17 AM Hope someone can help me. Go a 2005 BAII XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual. John Bowe Kit, Larger Injectors and Flash Tune currently 262 RWKWCar as just started dying while at full throttle. Doesn't happen every time but when it does it's like hitting a wall with a complete loss of power. Generally happens arround 4,000 RPM. No visual systems I.e the enginer warning light doesn't light up. If I leave the throttle flat to the floor the car stays in its no power state. As soon as I lift off everything returns to normal and if I floor it again it generally revs to the limit.As an experiment last time this happened I left it floored and put in the clutch the engine fell back to 2000 RPM help there for 2 or 3 seconds then started to gradually climb until it hit 4500 and then took off and revved out as you would expect.Had it to the local Dealer and they're checked the computer and theres no error codes.Any bright ideas?Stuart
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 14d Posted 09/06/06 06:19 AM Posted 09/06/06 06:19 AM Sounds like something in the software is not right or a bad flash.Reflash the car, If that does not help, take it back to the tuner for a checkup.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 09/06/06 06:24 AM Posted 09/06/06 06:24 AM Reflash
incito Member 20 Member For: 20y 9m 13d Posted 09/06/06 06:24 AM Author Posted 09/06/06 06:24 AM Been there done that... the Guy that tuned it has been doing these things for years and comes very highly recommended. I've got two tunes 8psi and 10psi and it does it on both. Ford Dealer and Tuner have been talking and they're both at a lose to explain it at this point in time
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Posted 09/06/06 07:07 AM Posted 09/06/06 07:07 AM I would be getting a second opinion from another tuner
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 09/06/06 07:40 AM Posted 09/06/06 07:40 AM Valve springs maybe?
T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 3m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 09/06/06 07:42 AM Posted 09/06/06 07:42 AM Something as simple as a fuel filter might be worth a try
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 22d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 09/06/06 07:57 AM Posted 09/06/06 07:57 AM Valet tune
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/06/06 08:11 AM Posted 09/06/06 08:11 AM Valve springs maybe?←im guessing the same
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 7d Location: Perth Posted 09/06/06 08:56 AM Posted 09/06/06 08:56 AM Assuming your fuel system and spark plugs are ok it's either the valve springs or a torque limiting problem with the flash.I didn't run into valve spring issues with mine until I reached over 300rwkw with my MkII XR6T manual.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now