Sudden Power Loss

incito

• Member For: 18y 3m 23d

Hope someone can help me. Go a 2005 BAII XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual. John Bowe Kit, Larger Injectors and Flash Tune currently 262 RWKW

Car as just started dying while at full throttle. Doesn't happen every time but when it does it's like hitting a wall with a complete loss of power. Generally happens arround 4,000 RPM. No visual systems I.e the enginer warning light doesn't light up. If I leave the throttle flat to the floor the car stays in its no power state. As soon as I lift off everything returns to normal and if I floor it again it generally revs to the limit.

As an experiment last time this happened I left it floored and put in the clutch the engine fell back to 2000 RPM help there for 2 or 3 seconds then started to gradually climb until it hit 4500 and then took off and revved out as you would expect.

Had it to the local Dealer and they're checked the computer and theres no error codes.

Any bright ideas?

Stuart

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 3m 23d

Been there done that... the Guy that tuned it has been doing these things for years and comes very highly recommended. I've got two tunes 8psi and 10psi and it does it on both. Ford Dealer and Tuner have been talking and they're both at a lose to explain it at this point in time

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 16d

Assuming your fuel system and spark plugs are ok it's either the valve springs or a torque limiting problem with the flash.

I didn't run into valve spring issues with mine until I reached over 300rwkw with my MkII XR6T manual.