FORDWOGBOY Member 26 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Posted 17/08/06 12:49 PM Posted 17/08/06 12:49 PM pic of my 6.5" speakers, easy enough to fit just make a 5x7" to 6.5" MDF Spacer and your set..... if you need a hand let me know... they arnt hard to make at all.CheersDave
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 18/08/06 11:46 AM Author Posted 18/08/06 11:46 AM I meant a picture of the tweeter in the door... anyone got a pic of where it was put?
kinggee Member 28 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Townsville, QLD Posted 18/08/06 02:01 PM Posted 18/08/06 02:01 PM Is this what you wanted? They are technically in the doors, but still pretty close to the A-pillar.They are Alpine Typr R, put them there for convenience, and I didn't think they would fit in the stock location.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 19/08/06 09:27 AM Author Posted 19/08/06 09:27 AM Cool, I was thinking of a flush mount though...Like this (yes its not an XR)
kinggee Member 28 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Townsville, QLD Posted 19/08/06 01:39 PM Posted 19/08/06 01:39 PM No worries. I've seen pics of tweeters installed like that in and EF/EL on fordmods. Can't find the pics now though. Too scary and expensive for me if I stuffed it up.
FORDWOGBOY Member 26 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Posted 20/08/06 03:50 AM Posted 20/08/06 03:50 AM oh my bad mine is secured on the black plastic part infront of the A pillar, which is reight beside the electric mirror switch, ill have to grab a pic of it.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 21/08/06 10:46 AM Posted 21/08/06 10:46 AM Cool, I was thinking of a flush mount though...Like this (yes its not an XR)←OMG a JB starion... nasty memories
MetalPhreak Member 28 Member For: 20y 2m 20d Posted 21/08/06 11:25 AM Posted 21/08/06 11:25 AM Should be able to just use a hole saw to cut out a hole in the original A-pillars (the white bits along the window) and flush mount the tweeter there rather than paying for the premium pillars and trying to cram a tweeter in there. Unless you want a really stealthy install I'd rather only pay Ford for spare parts if I f*** it up
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 22/08/06 04:30 AM Author Posted 22/08/06 04:30 AM Cool, I was thinking of a flush mount though...Like this (yes its not an XR)←OMG a JB starion... nasty memories ←CLOSE!!It was a JA import, with a VR4 motor in it Great memories!!
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/08/06 06:03 AM Author Posted 23/08/06 06:03 AM (edited) Sweet got my credit card in the mail today, I'll be picking up those babies this arvo Edited 23/08/06 06:03 AM by XXXR6T
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now