Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Those 5x7 splits look nice, whats the price for them? ( if you got a price that is )

  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

$299 for the splits

$189 for the 2-ways

Less %30 :stirthepot:

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
At 14.4V the amp produces 700W RMS at 1 ohm :spoton:

Steve you should check with Simon to see if he can custom tune your altonator to produce 15V! :spoton:

:msm:

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I'll probably get a cap which will regulate that to 14.4, plus charging a battery at 15V is getting bad...

But I like your thinking! :blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 23d
  • Location: Perth Western Australia
Posted

sounds good Steve! would like to hear it when its done!

I was going to get fusion when I did mine but had alpine in the last car and that was all good so stuck with it.

what about the deck? what are you going to do? seperate deck or the alpine hub?

  • Tractor Driver
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I'll probably get a cap which will regulate that to 14.4, plus charging a battery at 15V is getting bad...

But I like your thinking! :blink:

A capacitor won't "regulate" the power to the amps per se, what it will do is ensure any transient current required by the amps is not limited by the resistance/inductance of the power cable (I know cars use DC, but any change in current causes a change in the magnetic flux - hence inductance can play a part).

In laymans terms, caps ensure enough juice is available to the amps when they need it, which is why the battery is up front and the cap is as close to the amp as possible.

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Mmm yeh, I know, but it will mean that it wont drop to below what's needed when it's needed. I explained it wrong, but I know what I mean :stirthepot:

Yeah I think I will go the fusion gear, I will probably just go the easy route and put in another good deck with MP3 and decent outputs (2 for speakers + 1 for sub control) and re-route it all through there. I can deal with saccrificing the steering wheel controls. The alpine hub just seems like WAYYYY too much mular for an interface device. I'm sure I could make one for less than 100.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 23d
  • Location: Perth Western Australia
Posted (edited)

If you want a deck.. matches the ba dash and is good.. has the pre outs etc.. also has dvd if you want it one day or even just to wack 4.7gig of mp3s on one disc... look in the market section or pm me for a special deal! ps its brand new in box!

Edited by DCVIN
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 19d
Posted

Who gives a stuff about losing the steering wheel controls... it was always too slow to change volume anyway :)

Not to mention the loud BEEP that gave me the sh*ts.

I really think you should look beyond Fusion gear - it's cheap for a reason.

And I dont think your subs will be demanding enough juice to warrant a cap.

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

We'll see

I have looked beyond Fusion gear, and to be honest I wasn't happy with the current Pioneer stuff, not going near Sony, never been a fan of Alpine (and it's overpriced) and the alternative of Rockford Fosgate and Clarion both look good, but comparing specs are quite similar. I havent heard a bad word about Fusion stuff, if you have experience with them I would greatly appreciate your opinion. The Cap is an after thought, and I will see how it performs after I get what I want.

That deck might be way past my requirements, I really dont forsee me putting screens in my car in the next 20 years :smilecouncil:

I think for the discount there it warrants giving it a try. What would you recommend that I could get for the same price?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...