Custom Stereo Install

Paradoxx

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 4d

What do you guys think about one of these... http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertain...510m/index.html for $399

...and 2 of these... http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertain...306c/index.html for $189 each??

The amp was 800RRP...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 4d

where are they from mate?? one of my mates works at JB's and might be able to do them cheaper.... I wouldnt really recommend Pioneer subs though, spend a bit more for Crossfire, MTX, JL or similar..

• Member For: 18y 5m 24d
where are they from mate?? one of my mates works at JB's and might be able to do them cheaper.... I wouldnt really recommend Pioneer subs though, spend a bit more for Crossfire, MTX, JL or similar..

hmmm MTX Jackhammer :pooh::laughing::msm:

incase you dont know what a MTX Jackhammer is click here

Edited by shockF6

• Member For: 18y 6m 11d

Looks like those subs should suit your box fairly well, especially if you follow F6 UTE's advice & line the walls, at least with that white liner carpety stuff, if not the good dense stuff.

Most importantly, do they sound any good?! No good buying out of a catalogue just on the specs (which is exactly the opposite of what I told you last time when I recommended the Perrless drivers, I know :msm: )

Anyway if they're in a store someplace, go have a listen and take your own CD.

Preferrably one that's not electronic music (like Nickelback or something - they always have good kickin' bass). :laughing:

• Colossal Member

Okay I went to a store today and had a chat with the boys about some stuff they sell... they have Alpine, Eclipse, RF and SoundStream gear.

I had a look at the stuff they had and picked their brains about what combinations work and dont work etc and they came up with a few solutions for me. They had a look at the box I made and were actually quite impressed :spoton: and they suggested I purchase the Amp first, then try different subs. They were willing to provide two of each sub they had in stock to try in my car with the Amp that I purchase and whichever ones I am the most happy with I could buy. They had some stock to get rid of so the prices were alright.

I was offered an Alpine MRD-M605 class D amp for $600... 600WRMS x 1 @ 2ohm

The options for subs that matched this fairly well were the eclipse SWG123.4 SVC4ohm for $150 each, OR the Alpine TypeS SWS-1222D DVC2+2ohm 900W Peak for the same price.

These guys were very helpful and it is really tempting to go see them as they were keen on makins sure I was happy. They even offered to replace the subs I had purchased if I wasnt happy with them after a short period.

So who has experience with alpine V12 and type S subs? (everyone?)

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 3m 13d

Intro to Dire Straights - Money for nothing.......

Or, if u wanna really test them, Metallicas' 'One' ...

:)

• Member For: 18y 6m 11d

That Alpine gear looks like the go if you can get it for that price, and if they're willing to let you try before you buy, you can't go wrong!!!

Couldn't find anything on the eclipse sub you mentioned, but found the alpine stuff ok.

RRP on that MRD-M605 is listed as $699, so $600 isn't to be sneezed at.

The SWS-1222D's look like some nice kit as well - Series Parallel would suit that amp perfectly, and since they're 300WRMS each and you've got an amp that'll push 600WRMS @ 2 Ohms - you're Laughin'!

Give it a try I reckon - $150 per sub sounds a bit on the cheap side to me, but if it sounds the goods, Bargain!

[edit] Oh btw - Nice choice of music too boys :mexicanwave:

• Colossal Member

Hehe thanks

I might take them up on the amp offer and try those subs out. I need to strengthen that box anyway so I'm not in a rush. I also need tyres soon $$$$$$$$ oh and a custom tune, injectors, cooler, exhaust, gearbox, typhoon....................................... :mexicanwave:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d
Intro to Dire Straights - Money for nothing.......

Or, if u wanna really test them, Metallicas' 'One' ...

:)

crazy.... INXS and Dire Straights in 2 posts ...that's insane.....both these were mad in my last car, but now, with the premium deck their just fcuking mud as (rap. I'm over my stereo....grrrrrrrr. ohhhhh so many good songs going to waste. :laughing: