Turbosmart Blow Off Valves Thread

urslow

• Member For: 14y 11m 20d

I got a turbosmart kompact.... fitted it to my FG and lets of a PSHHHHHHHH sound. the sound says, I got something under my bonnet, but its not too loud to say im a try hard. probably the best way you could have it. however if you are running some serious PSI and have a serious engine.... I reckon you would want some serious doessssss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 17d

I got a turbosmart kompact.... fitted it to my FG and lets of a PSHHHHHHHH sound. the sound says, I got something under my bonnet, but its not too loud to say im a try hard. probably the best way you could have it. however if you are running some serious PSI and have a serious engine.... I reckon you would want some serious doessssss.

Hi does anyone have a pic?

I have a kompact plumbback fully vented and its not loud at all!

I have posted a bad photo hopefully I have it right!

post-39998-0-55596300-1303385482_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 3m 16d

Hi just bought one of these dual port kompacts from the states fro like 190AUS to my door,

DOES IS SOUND BEST FULLY ATMO LIKE BLOCKED BY THE PLATE OR SHOULD I LET IT GO 50/50??? WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK SOUNDS BEST, AND WILL IT HURT THE CAR IF I FULLY ATMO AND BLOCK THE PIPE OFF????

CHEERS

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 8m 9d

hi just fitted one of the dual port compact series to my fg and I find the port doesn't fully close at idle does this mean I need to install some of the supplied washers?

Hi. Yes you can either put some washers in there or buy the pink spring. Having a read at some of these posts with the flutter then wossh sound. It seems to me they are put on the wrong way around. The above pic of the fg is put on wrong. Replace the trumpet onto the other side and the vented port where the trumpet was. Then install it with the trumpet facing outwards. You will then notice no more flutter and woosh sound following.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 5m 25d

Hi, I recently installed a Kompact Dual Port on a 2003 XR6 Turbo. On idle the piston was staying 3-4 mm open on the hardest setting, so I inserted 3 shims supplied with the BOV. It’s an automatic and on the hardest setting releasing the accelerator around 2000rpm it releases making a quiet tu-tu-tuuu sound. Not a whoosh. Is this the correct sound it should make? Also what rev range should it make noise at? 3000 rpm and higher it makes the same sound and is much louder. The vacuum line is not hose clamped, and I cut the factory vacuum line in half as it was way too long to mount comfortable.

Any help is appreciated as I am inexperienced with BOV’s and cannot find consistent info elsewhere.

Cheers.

• Like 1