51KBA 2005 BA MK11 turbo Member 140 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 23/05/06 12:00 PM Author Posted 23/05/06 12:00 PM I already have alot of stuff done to my ute so I didnt wanna trade and do all that messin around I like my ute so I wanted to keep it and for how much money this has cost so far its been cheaper this way even the supercharger kit was 3000 more than what ive paid but it has been alot of stress and trial and error so I wouldnt recommend anybody else doing it but hey if you dont give it a go youll never know and plus this site is a world of information alot of the details can be found all thru this forum it really is a great website congrats and thank you
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 14d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 23/05/06 12:11 PM Posted 23/05/06 12:11 PM I already have alot of stuff done to my ute so I didnt wanna trade and do all that messin around I like my ute so I wanted to keep it and for how much money this has cost so far its been cheaper this way even the supercharger kit was 3000 more than what ive paid but it has been alot of stress and trial and error so I wouldnt recommend anybody else doing it but hey if you dont give it a go youll never know and plus this site is a world of information alot of the details can be found all thru this forum it really is a great website congrats and thank you←cool...good luck mate and keep us all posted on the results/outcome
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 23/05/06 09:58 PM Posted 23/05/06 09:58 PM Have you done anything to lower the compression ratio of the engine? I think that you will need to as otherwise you will have to run low boost to avoid detonation.From what I have read the piggyback will not be able to compensate for the Non-turbo computer settings. It is probably a similar outlay to buy an edit, use the stock tunes that come with it - and sell your piggy as it would cost to get the piggy up and running on your car (if it could work), as it will require a custom tune for sure.An alternative could be that you get a Ford factory Turbo flash put onto your car, and then use the piggy? Not sure if you could get Ford to do this, and if it will work, maybe someone else could assist?I am sure it is all achievable, at least you have a factory car to copy and get bits from.Good luck.
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 23/05/06 10:17 PM Posted 23/05/06 10:17 PM Guys just something to think about the computor on a turbo car is different a non turbo so just doing an edit is not going to work.How are you going to control boost.Also the breather hose near the throttle body needs to be moved to before the turbo.Ian
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 23/05/06 10:20 PM Posted 23/05/06 10:20 PM Is it not the same computer with a different piece of software?I imagine that there may be additional sensors and inputs to the computer?
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 23/05/06 10:24 PM Posted 23/05/06 10:24 PM the out side is the same but under nieth there is an extra plug for the extra wiring[the plug is there but no pins]also the program and extra's inside are not there.Ian
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Posted 23/05/06 11:05 PM Posted 23/05/06 11:05 PM If that's the case Goldie, a simple Aftermarket electronic booost controller will fix the problem! Main problem will be the compression (std think they run ova 10:1, lil high for boost) thicker head gasket will help. Unless you're only running std boost, then you should have a nice torquey std turbo.Good luck with every thing mate, it's a good project! maybe with all the $$$ you saved you can chuck a decent set of rods and slugs in it!!!
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 24/05/06 04:32 AM Posted 24/05/06 04:32 AM You will also want to remove the butterfly valve that is in your intake manifold. This will be useless and will only add a restriction.
51KBA 2005 BA MK11 turbo Member 140 Member For: 20y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 24/05/06 08:19 AM Author Posted 24/05/06 08:19 AM im only running 9 psi so im not gonna need to lower comp straight away as for the edit I was speaking to a tuner in bris that says that the capa edit will do the trick and I need a 2 bar map sensor that's all it needs . its basically the same set up as they do when they run superchargers the standard computer can read boost once it has the edit but it is a custom edit he has dont this to a bf gt with a procharger and standard computer with a capa edit cheers 51KBA
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Posted 24/05/06 09:54 PM Posted 24/05/06 09:54 PM sounds the goods! keep us posted with results!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now