51KBA 2005 BA MK11 turbo Member 140 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 05/06/06 09:01 AM Author Posted 05/06/06 09:01 AM brakes are holding up fine but I will look into what your saying but I gotta admit im not gonna be on boost when im using the brakes so whenever im off the pedal it has vacuum and that's when ill need my brakes but I will look into it cheers
Guest slikrx Guests Posted 05/06/06 10:59 PM Posted 05/06/06 10:59 PM a one way valve will cost u about $1 from the wreckers just get one of any 70's or 80's mazda.
4LTURBO Member 57 Member For: 20y 10m Location: Gawler, Adelaide Posted 06/06/06 01:04 AM Posted 06/06/06 01:04 AM im really interested in this... I have a turbo, but I was looking to fit a cooler with the pipe exiting on the right side and was going to use the NAxr6 pipe to t/b like you have... got any finished pics?
51KBA 2005 BA MK11 turbo Member 140 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 06/06/06 05:41 AM Author Posted 06/06/06 05:41 AM im really interested in this... I have a turbo, but I was looking to fit a cooler with the pipe exiting on the right side and was going to use the NAxr6 pipe to t/b like you have... got any finished pics?←here ya go mate hope this helps you will need to use better hose than the standard stuff coz at 3 psi mine is blowing up a fair bit anymore boost and itll pop I think I have the bov hidden in the standard airbox and the pipe goes straight thru it its 2.5 in pipe and slides nicely under the headlight
4LTURBO Member 57 Member For: 20y 10m Location: Gawler, Adelaide Posted 06/06/06 10:02 AM Posted 06/06/06 10:02 AM hmm, well that's that idea out the window then... what are you going to do about it? I like the idea of putting the airbox there to make it look stock, and hiding the bov in there is pretty good thinking! good job!
4LTURBO Member 57 Member For: 20y 10m Location: Gawler, Adelaide Posted 10/06/06 01:23 AM Posted 10/06/06 01:23 AM which bit isnt handling the boost? the bit I've highlighted in blue or red? I'd get rid of the blue bit anyhow and just run a piece of stainless through there... my only worry is that the bit I've highlighted in red wont be able to handle 15psi...xr6_inlet_2.bmp
51KBA 2005 BA MK11 turbo Member 140 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 10/06/06 09:06 AM Author Posted 10/06/06 09:06 AM the bit in blue isnt handling 4 psi but im really not too sure about the red bit handling 15 psi ay u could see a fabricater to make you a custom piece that's what im gonna do when I up my boost id love to see some pics of yours cheers 51KBA
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m Location: Mildura Posted 10/06/06 12:13 PM Posted 10/06/06 12:13 PM im really interested in this... I have a turbo, but I was looking to fit a cooler with the pipe exiting on the right side and was going to use the NAxr6 pipe to t/b like you have... got any finished pics?←Guy's I've already been there and done that. pic belowhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/xr6...er/PICT0007.jpgBoth pieces highlighted will not hold together. The plastic intake highlighted in red has a rubber seal on it that connects to the throttle body is only glued on. It will pop and then leak boost at anything over 8 psi of boost.I had to fabricate a full alloy pipe to handle extra boost.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/xr6...CarPictures.jpgI don't mean to sound like I'm having ago. just trying to offer some advise from my experiences.I love to see someone doing something different to others and I've been watching your project with interest. "GOOD LUCK" macka
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/06/06 12:24 PM Posted 10/06/06 12:24 PM are you running a water to air cooler on your car Macka..?
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m Location: Mildura Posted 10/06/06 02:31 PM Posted 10/06/06 02:31 PM are you running a water to air cooler on your car Macka..?←No pal, I was running Nizpro IC at the time macka
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now