IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 22/05/06 02:13 PM Posted 22/05/06 02:13 PM Today I changed all the ford rubber induction connections & clamps with proper turbocharger silicone style tubing and stronger stainless clamps. I don't have pictures but it is an essential mod.I did this because the std rubber tubing split and ford have a back order on the part. So I bought some left over tubing from hiddeous and bought a little bit more from Hoseco on Kewdale Rd (Perth)...along with some clamps. Three inch lengths of 76 mm (internal diameter) shiny blue turbocharger hose was $6.50. You need three pieces in total (require cutting down) which is only 20 or so bucks. Hose clamps were roughly 20 buck too......so for $40 you can change your hoses to ones that will never leak....wont split....and look REALLY neat. The throttle body part was a bit difficult to get on. All you have to do it make sure you connect the hose to the throttle body first. DO IT....I now realise I was loosing boost. Couldn't be happier Cheers, IH8TOADS
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 22/05/06 02:52 PM Posted 22/05/06 02:52 PM Dr Chops been on there site.http://www.hoseco.com.au/index.htmThere our Hoses and Fittings.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 22/05/06 03:38 PM Posted 22/05/06 03:38 PM Sounds good Brendan Will have a look when we next meet.
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/05/06 12:07 AM Posted 23/05/06 12:07 AM Post some pics up...Cant get excited without pics..
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/05/06 12:23 AM Posted 23/05/06 12:23 AM I think the icon u are looking for is
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 23/05/06 12:44 AM Posted 23/05/06 12:44 AM This is mine done. Cos the standard ford parts had split and were leaking.Parts used.. 2 x 3"diam by 3" long turbosmart hose1 Very sharp stanley knife
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 7m 28d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 23/05/06 01:10 AM Posted 23/05/06 01:10 AM This is mine done. Cos the standard ford parts had split and were leaking.<div class='bbimg'></div><div class='bbimg'></div>Parts used.. 2 x 3"diam by 3" long turbosmart hose1 Very sharp stanley knife←envy-t did you get carried away with the stanley knife.it appears that you have cut the smal hose between the two large ones.was this by accident or on purpose.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 23/05/06 02:40 AM Posted 23/05/06 02:40 AM I'm having de ja vous
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 23/05/06 08:44 AM Author Posted 23/05/06 08:44 AM Thanks for the pics Envy-T. I reckon I was definately down on boost (V. small amount) thanks to the ford connections. My BOV will now blow-off when I rev it at idle for some reason. I ran 5.6 psi on the dyno day with the ford connections. My connections had some serious splits in them and the clamps could not tighten fully.....they lasted less than 23,000kms.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now