geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 19/05/06 07:11 AM Author Posted 19/05/06 07:11 AM Looks good actually....Slightly off topic, who in their right mind mows their grass right next to a quality car (last photo), that's how you get chips/dents in your car????←The little old lady just started. My car was parked in front of her house. I got her to stop until I had moved the car.Geea.
Space Ace Member 446 Member For: 21y 8m 19d Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 19/05/06 07:13 AM Posted 19/05/06 07:13 AM Looks good actually....Slightly off topic, who in their right mind mows their grass right next to a quality car (last photo), that's how you get chips/dents in your car????←The little old lady just started. My car was parked in front of her house. I got her to stop until I had moved the car.Geea. ←Sure you did.....(muffled sounds can be heard from the boot of the car)
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 19/05/06 07:16 AM Posted 19/05/06 07:16 AM geea, that looks mighty tough... I love it.... another geea special... well done
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 19/05/06 07:35 AM Posted 19/05/06 07:35 AM Looks good now that its all together. Does it work as a CAI?←It doesn't work as a CAI. It lets a lot of heat out when the car is stopped and lets cold air in when it's moving. After talking with Deano, I'm probably going to remove part of the rear bonnet seal to let hot air out. This is something I'll look at over the weekend.Geea. ←If you have air moving from the scoop it might make a difference... but I tested this one and intake charge temps didn't change a single bit when removing the rear strip on a 35 deg day..With the scoop forcing air in, it might be of benefit but I think some vents to suck air out like a venturi ( ala Walkinshaw ) it would be more beneficial.. ???
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 19/05/06 07:38 AM Author Posted 19/05/06 07:38 AM Looks good now that its all together. Does it work as a CAI?←It doesn't work as a CAI. It lets a lot of heat out when the car is stopped and lets cold air in when it's moving. After talking with Deano, I'm probably going to remove part of the rear bonnet seal to let hot air out. This is something I'll look at over the weekend.Geea. ←If you have air moving from the scoop it might make a difference... but I tested this one and intake charge temps didn't change a single bit when removing the rear strip on a 35 deg day..With the scoop forcing air in, it might be of benefit but I think some vents to suck air out like a venturi ( ala Walkinshaw ) it would be more beneficial.. ???←I did contemplate mounting it backwards. I'm not sure if this is still an option I'll have to have a look.Geea.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 19/05/06 10:27 AM Posted 19/05/06 10:27 AM Why don't you ad a little JAP to your car Craig, and get some spacer plates made up for the bonnet hinges and raise it 1/2 to 1 inch, lets alot of hot air out, and looks interestingly tough.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 20/05/06 07:28 AM Posted 20/05/06 07:28 AM Love the idea Craig, but those Patrol scoops are meant to be offset aren't they, isn't it a little longer on one side?
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 20/05/06 06:39 PM Author Posted 20/05/06 06:39 PM Love the idea Craig, but those Patrol scoops are meant to be offset aren't they, isn't it a little longer on one side?←I think there are some models with one side longer. I was originally going to position it over the turbo but after having a play decided I liked it better in the middle. I'm really enjoying having it on the car and watching the heat coming out of the car when stopped makes me realise how much heat the engine bay must be retaining. Geea.
IceMyButt Link Member 421 Member For: 22y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/05/06 09:14 PM Posted 20/05/06 09:14 PM Craig - I think it looks great mate - and I would consider something like that for my car - although not sure how it would look on a GT bonnet with the bulge already.What are your thoughts on the rain getting in?? I imagine it would let a fair bit through into the engine bay?
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 20/05/06 11:39 PM Posted 20/05/06 11:39 PM Had mine on B.P. for quite a while without any side affects (rain water or hose water, shut up Ianism,) it now hangs in the shed rafters, still without any problems. Only diff I noticed was the power steering pump whine was louderGlad it makes you smile Craig.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now