Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d

Cro,

I too had the same brake setup unitl I sold the car, and I too had that faint squeek as I was driving along, I tried the new " ford fix' shims to try and fix the problem but no luck there either, when you fit the shims there no noise but after 30k's of driving it's back.

The only way to fix it is to put the original Ford pads in it again and you know what that means, crappy bracking even with the DBA's.

I think there's a problem for the bendix pads, the funny thing is my car was braking fine for over 4800k's then the squeeks came and never left.

There's another reason why I sold the car, FORD should be ashamed of them selves

• zeke
  • Member For: 20y 9m 29d

Chrislak

Hows the BMW going? As I initially wanted a (second hand) Beemer, I'd be very interested in your impressions.

At the moment, I'm very content and glad to have saved much $$$$. If things change in the future (and I hope they don't) I'll resurrect plan A.

Anyway, I doubt if I would be the only one interested in a candid comparison of the ownership and driving experience of an XR6T vs BMW 330ci. If you can find the time, please let us know what your impressions are so far.

Regards

zeke

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
Anyway, I doubt if I would be the only one interested in a candid comparison of the ownership and driving experience of an XR6T vs BMW 330ci. If you can find the time, please let us know what your impressions are so far.

Hi Chris,

Yes please do fill us in. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers :smilielol:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 9d
Cro,

I too had the same brake setup unitl I sold the car, and I too had that faint squeek as I was driving along, I tried the new " ford fix' shims to try and fix the problem but no luck there either, when you fit the shims there no noise but after 30k's of driving it's back.

The only way to fix it is to put the original Ford pads in it again and you know what that means, crappy bracking even with the DBA's.

I think there's a problem for the bendix pads, the funny thing is my car was braking fine for over 4800k's then the squeeks came and never left.

There's another reason why I sold the car, FORD should be ashamed of them selves

Yeah, I had the shims put in on Friday and about 20kms out of the dealership the passenger side started again, then 10 mins later the drivers side :(

I think I will chuck the Ford pads back on, might be worth it, this is making me go insane...

Thanks

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d

Mine still dont make a noise when I am just driving along. Absolutely quiet.

Half pressure on the brake pedal and they will squeal, but I can live with that.

If you like we can do a swap next time I see you. You can take mine for a drive and listen to the difference. See if yours are normal or not.

Leave the ultimates in until the end of November :thumbsup:

• Donating Members

Trumpy, If you had the squeek that is constantly there you will know what we mean.

Cro, It might be worth having a look at the Ferodo pads, once you swop to the original pads your not going to like them, trust me save yourself the hassle.

For all of you that are interested my new 330CI is in a completely different car to the XR, the handling, the finish just about every thing you could ask from a car.

It doesn't have the same power as the turbo 6's though I did blow the doors off a AU XR8 very easy.(around eastern creek)

I'm now investigating a couple of supercharger/intercooler setups that should get me moving faster than an M3.

The Brakes are fantastic and the rotors are larger that the xr's which my mind boggles considering the the XR is another 150 or kilos heavier. You got to love the electronic brake distribution and stability control.

A BMW is a good alternative to the turbo, though the bank balance is in intensive care at the moment

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 9d
Mine still dont make a noise when I am just driving along. Absolutely quiet.

Half pressure on the brake pedal and they will squeal, but I can live with that.

If you like we can do a swap next time I see you. You can take mine for a drive and listen to the difference. See if yours are normal or not.

Leave the ultimates in until the end of November :ph34r:

Yeah, I'll show ya what I mean with the squeak next time I see you.

And most def. I'll take Chrislaks advice and change over to a different brand in december. Doesn't hurt to give it a go :)

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d
You got to love the electronic brake distribution

I thought the BA falcons had this as well??

• Donating Members

Cro,

Have you tried calling Bendix and asking them why so many people are having this problem, I hope the Ferodo do the job, I'm not sure if there available for purchase at the moment.

• Great rack
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 24d
giving them a very hard time on purpose to see how good they go, awesome!! Stop first go every time with MINIMAL fade.

At the bottom of the moutain, I had smoke comming off the front rotors or pads (don't know which ones), and all the heat indicators were white (isn't the orange one meant to turn yellow?)

And they still stopped!!

I wonder if this has anything to do with your squealing brakes?

-Just a thought.... :oooh: