Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 19d
Cro,

Have you tried calling Bendix and asking them why so many people are having this problem, I hope the Ferodo do the job, I'm not sure if there available for purchase at the moment.

I'm going to see what DBA say, as I'm sure they would know about this.

I don't have the squeal from the rear rotors (standard ford ones).

After DBA have had a stab at it, I'll speak to Bendix, thanks for the idea :thumbsup:

Rowlan,

I thought so too, but then I realised I done another 2000 kms without any issues, so it can't be....

• Member For: 20y 4m 24d

I have a small repair shop in melbourne & have found ever since bendix took the asbestos out of their pads, they have been terribble. squeaks & various problems, the advance are not woth the boxes they come in. ultimates definately perform well, but have serious issues with the amount of dust & rotor wear, although havent fitted them to any BA's yet. The problem got so serious that we stopped using bendix & started using QFM pads in all cars. have found them to have excellent pedal feel, good wearing, good performance & generally much better than bendix but this is only for normal cars, not XR's. might be owrtha try, but I definately like them in general more than ferodos.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d

The Ultimate's do generally squeak under braking, but to squeek with no pressure applied on the pedal is weird.

I re-installed the original pads and there was no squeak and I did give them a hard time but still no squeak.

The strange thing is I had the ultimate's on the rear and they never gave me any problems, something wierd is going on.

Cro, next time your driving steer right to left quickly and you should be able to get them to stop squeeking for a few seconds, it used to do that in my car.

I wonder if DBASTEVE has any information.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 19d
Cro, next time your driving steer right to left quickly and you should be able to get them to stop squeeking for a few seconds, it used to do that in my car.

I wonder if DBASTEVE has any information.

Yup, that's the only way to stop em for some reason.

Maybe the pads are jumping around in the caliper...

I also notice it more when I'm going over bumpy roads.

• Member For: 21y 5m 2d

I have DBA slotted and ultimates on the XA and DBA slotted and cross drilled with ultimates on the ED.

The XA has never run out of brakes even at winton and still doesn't squeal.... however,

I took the sprint to a Hi Po day @ Calder and flogged the brakes and they never faded although they did get a tad spongy and stank to high heaven. I am now the proud owner of brake squeal. I think it's dust stopping the calipers from 'floating' properly and I am hoping a good clean out will stop the squeal. If not .. I will just trun the radio up !

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d

Now that I think about it, I agree with xa-coupe on the theory that it is probably dust related.

My dealer cleaned the brakes out as part of the 30 thou service, and I had no braking squeal at all for about 2 weeks. The squeal under light braking has only just come back yesterday. It doesnt worry me, just something I noticed.

Isnt there some anti squeal grease that can be applied to the backing plates of the pads?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d

The squeak Cro is concerned about is happening when no pressure is applied to the brake pedal, that is the problem.

The ultimates are know for there squeaks under braking conditions it's when your not applying the brakes and there are squeeks which drives you insane.

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d

I realise that chrislak, I'm just trying to offer input with my limited mechanical knowledge and experience with what brake hardware I have.