Herbmiester Member 2 Member For: 17y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Wellington Posted 28/08/09 04:05 AM Posted 28/08/09 04:05 AM After reading this thread I ordered a set of DBa 4000's (Slotted) for my BF2 from Race Brakes in Auckland. (Yes I am a Kiwi and no I don't like sheep) I paid $315 per rotor NZD and $225 for a set of Ferodo DS 2000 pads. They will be fitted next week. OE ford parts were $250 for the rotors and $198 for pads. I converted the price to AUD and the rotors would be $255 and the pads $182. The guy at Race Brakes said the DS2000 pads were an excellent high performance street pad with no sqeaking so I guess we will see.
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 12/09/09 04:33 AM Posted 12/09/09 04:33 AM (edited) I have <u><a href="http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=3284&view=findpost&p=892128" target="_blank">posted</a></u> up on the pinned thread about my dba 4000 slotted rotors and Race Brake RB24 pad upgrade which I did 2 days ago. Special price there for FordXR6Turbo members as I mentioned I would try to get for you guys interested in doing the same upgrade on your BA XR6Ts.Thanks for info EvilDaifu!Howard and the guys at Race Brakes in Yarraville Melbourne are awesome. Great service, great product and they just are prepared to spend the time with you and explain everything! I went down there in mind to get rotors and pads and ended up just getting some new pads suitable for day to day and on the track! The wear on these are said to be very good and no brake dust either. They were happy to chat about other upgrades for the future! I think I am now officially sold on getting ap brakes next! Nice bit of gear! Also the car stops a lot better now! Edited 12/09/09 04:34 AM by GR8XR6
blobak Member 75 Member For: 20y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: them there hills Posted 12/09/09 08:12 AM Posted 12/09/09 08:12 AM (edited) Just wondering what pads did you get? Edited 12/09/09 08:27 AM by tab Quote removed
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 13d Posted 08/10/09 10:31 PM Posted 08/10/09 10:31 PM Guys I put these DBA 4000 Series slotted rotors (fronts) on yesterday allong with a pair of bendix ultimate pads...and I have run them in as suggested on this site...though when I looked at the rotors this morning I noticed a bronze copper glazing over the parts of the disc...Have any of you guys experienced this with the rotors...im not sure if this normal or if there is something defective in the set up...Any help on this matter wil be appreciated...
norrs Legacy Donating Member 448 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 09/10/09 02:54 AM Posted 09/10/09 02:54 AM I have the same set up and didn't notice anything like that. Did you clean the rotors with acetone before you put them on?
steven131 Legacy Donating Member 80 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Frankston Nth,Vic Posted 20/10/09 05:53 AM Posted 20/10/09 05:53 AM Just ordered these from Hitek brakes in Moorabin. Ph num 0395531160DBA 4000 Fronts (42107S) = $209 each.Mentioned to Cam that I was going to list price on forum and he said no problem.Thanks Steve
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 13d Posted 20/10/09 10:22 PM Posted 20/10/09 10:22 PM Guys I have had my DBA 4000s with Bendix Ultimate pads set up for around 2 weeks now...This morning I noticed brake shudder when I was braking quite hard on one of the M4 exits...has anyone else experienced this with the same set up?From whaty I know brake shudder will only get worse with time....Any advise on what I should do?...(apparently the rotors are covered under warranty for 20,000kms if not used for race purposes...)
White Knight Legacy Donating Member 73 Member For: 16y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/10/09 01:41 AM Posted 21/10/09 01:41 AM (edited) Did you change the pads at the same time you changed the rotors?In the past I've found old pads can mess up your new rotors, my brother's ruined a pair of slotted DBAs doing that. Edited 21/10/09 01:44 AM by Buf-Phoon quote removed
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 13d Posted 21/10/09 04:40 AM Posted 21/10/09 04:40 AM Yeah got them done at the same time (Bandix Ultimates)...everything was done properly...as in cleaning the rotor with a non oil based cleanser to get grease off...made sure they sat snug on the hub etc...and...still I had shudder...I just assumed the DBA 4000s wouldnt be prone to brake shudder as much as standard brakes...The stopping power is quite firm etc...but braking down a hill at speed will tend to cause shudder...
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/10/09 05:36 AM Posted 21/10/09 05:36 AM Shudder can also be caused by stuffed up wheel bearings, it causes uneven disk wear which turns in to shudder. This was also mentioned in the DBA information sheet that came with my rotors. How many km on the car?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now