trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 20/11/08 09:55 AM Posted 20/11/08 09:55 AM been told by race brakes sydney best pads suited for my use are Ferodo formula front pads DB1473FF $165 and for the rear Bendix 4wd pads DB1675-4 $65.00 ive used these pads a few times and ive been happy in the past ............................thoughts ppl
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/11/08 10:30 AM Posted 20/11/08 10:30 AM I've got the Ferodo pads. They are good, but they do produce a fair bit of brake dust.
Erko Legacy Donating Member 1,079 Member For: 22y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/11/08 10:52 AM Posted 20/11/08 10:52 AM Go the slotted rotors
xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 20/11/08 11:17 AM Posted 20/11/08 11:17 AM I've just fitted some DBA 4000 slotted rotors to mine with Bendix ultimates and braided lines. Although I'm still bedding them in, I can tell that they are a vast improvement over the standard brakes. I've also noticed alot of brake dust though.So far I think that it was money well spent.
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 21/11/08 09:22 AM Posted 21/11/08 09:22 AM (edited) well ended up buying just the dba slotted rotors ,Ferodo formula pads for the front and Bendix 4wd pads on the rear from race brakes sydney cost me $1160 delivered over two hundred bucks cheaper than most the other places I tried in the last week or two .................now once they come in the mail next week ive just gotta fit them along with my bilstein shocks and lowered springs gonna be a busy weekend I think should be a hell of a lot better to drive handling wise and the brakes couldnt possibly be any worse than the rubbish ford rotors ive had for the last two years Edited 21/11/08 09:25 AM by trevs
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 21/11/08 11:00 AM Posted 21/11/08 11:00 AM increased Brake dust is just a by product of the slots as is reduced pad life, Slotted disc are hard on pads but so much better than unslotted at stopping so Myself, I am happy to put up with a little extra dust.
millers Member 113 Member For: 18y 4m Posted 21/11/08 12:34 PM Posted 21/11/08 12:34 PM well ended up buying just the dba slotted rotors ,Ferodo formula pads for the front and Bendix 4wd pads on the rear from race brakes sydney cost me $1160 deliveredis that $1160 for front and rear pads and rotors? seems pretty cheap doesnt it?
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 21/11/08 06:49 PM Posted 21/11/08 06:49 PM yeah that was four dba slotted rotors and pads
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 23/11/08 08:26 AM Posted 23/11/08 08:26 AM is that $1160 for front and rear pads and rotors? seems pretty cheap doesnt it?I paid about the same as well and mines a BF. The BF's have larger rotors and pads.I.B.
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 30/11/08 08:38 AM Posted 30/11/08 08:38 AM hello ppl from the guys who have fitted dba slotted 4000 series rotors and ferodo pads how many km did it take for them to be bedded in properly and really start using them cheers trev
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now