Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

and how did you guys find them over the standard gear...?? and yeah I do run all the stock povo pack ba brakes at the moment...

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 6d

ferodo pads on stock rotors worked well for me, but they are the dustiest pad known to man..

I have qfm pads now and they are ok, no fading, but some shudder. perhaps my discs just werent machined very well causing my problems, I dont know.

• Member For: 19y 2m 13d
Hey Guys, was looking at getting a full set of DBA 4000 Rotors and Ferodo Pads, and was just wondering what others have paid, I'm sure theres an answer somewhere already, but to be honest CBF searching... I have had a quote, but just want to compare really...

Cheers, Chris

Re info Ferodo Formula (Ferodo TS2000)

Edited by aiboart

• Member For: 20y 7m 23d

Onboost,

My suggestion would be to have a talk to Matt from Race Brakes. I just purchased some brakes off him today and he has a great number of options and at prices I couldn't beat anywhere else.

I asked him about brakes for a friends BA and he said for around $1500 you can upgrade your front rotors, calipers to 322mm size and put 4000 series and ferodo pads on the rear. If you don't want to spend that much then same size rotors and ferodo pads would be cheaper and a good upgrade for approx $1100.

One thing to know if you don't already is ferodo pads come in two different types. Ferodo Formula ($160) are a cheap Thaiwanese option that don't perform that well I've heard. The DS series pads ($250+) are the true Italian pads that perform really good.

http://www.compfriction.com.au/brake_pads/ferodo_racing.php

Benny

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

I have a mate who works for a reputable brake company, and just wanted to know what prices others have got so far, and from what I'm reading so far, the price I have been given is well under what anyone else has paid so I think I'll be going ahead with it soon :spoton:

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9d

The DBA 4000 slotted and Ferodo formula pads have served me well for the past 6 months. They took an absolute punish on the snowies cruise and ive had the fronts glowing and no fade at all. They are far better then the standard brakes and you BA owners who run the standard set up, still, are insane.

About $1100 for my setup all round and I have the larger BF size rotors.

The ferodo pads are the dustiest pads on the planet but they do there job well and that's the reason for the dust. Other pad options out there are fine as well as I think the DBA rotors ability to dissapate heat is the real advantage, not so much the pads ability to bite.

Make sure the anti-squeal glue stuff is applied to the back of the pads to lock them in and prevent squeal. I didnt!

I.B.

• Member For: 17y 3m 12d

Had 4000's all round (drilled and slotted on the fronts) with ferodos and f*cked both rotors and pads in no time. Cracks throughout all the holes. Ferodos were far too soft. Now run 4000 golds slotted with ebc yellows on the front and reds on the back. Much better combination. Yellows do need to be kept warm though for optimum performance.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9d

Drilled are prone to cracking and are a weaker rotor. Slotted only is the optimal combination.

The only harder level of driving possible, in order to destroy good pads/rotors is track work or those who like to rest there left foot on the brake pedal.

I.B.