ben684 Member 11 Member For: 20y 5m 4d Posted 02/05/06 10:58 AM Posted 02/05/06 10:58 AM I want mine done, anyone in Brisbane done it?
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 03/05/06 07:16 AM Author Posted 03/05/06 07:16 AM THANKS GUYS.I have spoken to a local polisher in campbelltown and he will remove and replace and polish the cooler for 100 bucks or so depending on how hard it is to r+r when its done I will post the price and location.and pics.seems like a lot of people want some bling on there cars.I like the gold painted one too.
Paranormal Member 469 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Location: Brissy Posted 03/05/06 08:02 AM Posted 03/05/06 08:02 AM Dude it takes 5 min max, no need to strip or remove bumper, sh*te just give it a clean with some paint prep grease and wax remover, 60 seconds chuck a few old rags arround it to stop over spray and hit it with a couple of coats chome spray. Bang done. Cost <$10 Done mine bout a year ago no flaking no problems.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 05/05/06 01:46 AM Posted 05/05/06 01:46 AM Dude it takes 5 min max, no need to strip or remove bumper, sh*te just give it a clean with some paint prep grease and wax remover, 60 seconds chuck a few old rags arround it to stop over spray and hit it with a couple of coats chome spray. Bang done. Cost <$10 Done mine bout a year ago no flaking no problems.←this is the way.. chrome paint 3$..
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 05/05/06 07:32 AM Posted 05/05/06 07:32 AM The bugs were free
ben684 Member 11 Member For: 20y 5m 4d Posted 05/05/06 11:29 PM Posted 05/05/06 11:29 PM they add character
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/06 12:47 AM Posted 06/05/06 12:47 AM THANKS GUYS.I have spoken to a local polisher in campbelltown and he will remove and replace and polish the cooler for 100 bucks or so depending on how hard it is to r+r when its done I will post the price and location.and pics.seems like a lot of people want some bling on there cars.I like the gold painted one too.←Ive currently got my intercooler out and stripping it back.. (waiting on the stripper to bubble up the paint)..Ill post a how-to later on in the week if it all goes well.To those who have painted their intercoolers.. It looks.. amatuerish... And you can tell its cheap when you get close to it.. From a distance they look good!
rushed6 Member 137 Member For: 21y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 06/05/06 05:25 AM Posted 06/05/06 05:25 AM I painted mine drove around with it a couple months got some looks but then I prefered a diff look so I done this and gets much more looks
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/06 07:54 AM Posted 06/05/06 07:54 AM (edited) Well semi-finished my IC polishing..Step 1: Remove ICStep 2: Mask up the fins and use Septone Paint Stripper (in a can)Step 3: High pressure hose off the paintStep 4: clean down and begin polishing steps.Step 5: drill packs it in after using the first initial cut back...I have used a clear coat on it for the moment until I buy a new drill.. Once I get the new drill (next month), I will finish the polishing steps.Heres a pic.IMO alot better than fake chrome.. Edited 06/05/06 07:54 AM by Bain
BAturb Member 521 Member For: 21y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/05/06 08:44 AM Posted 06/05/06 08:44 AM or you could do this
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now