BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 30/04/06 05:50 AM Posted 30/04/06 05:50 AM I have a bf 6t and the factory intercooler is painted mat black.has anyone tried to remove this black paint and polish the intercooler.any tips on how to shine up my cooler.
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/04/06 07:21 AM Posted 30/04/06 07:21 AM This is my factory intercooler and I have spayed it!
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 15d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 30/04/06 07:39 AM Posted 30/04/06 07:39 AM This is my factory intercooler and I have spayed it! ←A few questions.....1. What paint did u sue??2. How did u do it??3. What about paint getting in the fins (Or whatever they are called) ??4. How s the paint holding up ?? Flaking??5. Did u strip back the old paint or use undercoat??Dave
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 30/04/06 07:52 AM Posted 30/04/06 07:52 AM This is my factory intercooler and I have spayed it! ←A few questions.....1. What paint did u sue??2. How did u do it??3. What about paint getting in the fins (Or whatever they are called) ??4. How s the paint holding up ?? Flaking??5. Did u strip back the old paint or use undercoat??Dave←I used gold chrome paint from supercheap.I took the bumper and intercooler off to do mine, but you can just mask it up with the bumper and cooler on.Mine is holding up OK after 8 months, but I'll do it again soon.I didnt strip or undercoat.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 30/04/06 07:54 AM Posted 30/04/06 07:54 AM urslow.I love your advatare.Makes me want to hire a golf cart I used a chrome colour pressure pack and then cleared over it.No flaking and is still there but it will be replaced with a bigger cooler very soon.
urslow Resident golf buggy drift champion Legacy Donating Member 815 Member For: 20y 11m 15d Location: Lismore NSW Posted 30/04/06 07:58 AM Posted 30/04/06 07:58 AM urslow.I love your advatare.Makes me want to hire a golf cart I used a chrome colour pressure pack and then cleared over it.No flaking and is still there but it will be replaced with a bigger cooler very soon.←Maybe we can play a game of golf and do some sycronised drifting As for the IC ...u wanna do mine?? By the way I have ADAM to thank for the avatar he downsized it and put it into action for me !! LEGEND!!Dave
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 30/04/06 08:02 AM Posted 30/04/06 08:02 AM urslow.I love your advatare.Makes me want to hire a golf cart I used a chrome colour pressure pack and then cleared over it.No flaking and is still there but it will be replaced with a bigger cooler very soon.←Maybe we can play a game of golf and do some sycronised drifting As for the IC ...u wanna do mine?? By the way I have ADAM to thank for the avatar he downsized it and put it into action for me !! LEGEND!!Dave←Bring it round mate.Rob knows were I live.Ive still got plenty of paint and clear left.PM me if you want to do it
ELLOXRT Member 50 Member For: 20y 9m 16d Location: QLD Posted 30/04/06 08:29 AM Posted 30/04/06 08:29 AM I have removed the matt black paint with 2K thinner .I found that polishing it with any type of metal polish makes it look like The cooler had to be removed all up took about 1.5hrs to do from start to finish.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 30/04/06 09:26 AM Posted 30/04/06 09:26 AM Evening people,Has anyone changed there intercooler due the climate conditions and still keep there warranty in tact?
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 30/04/06 09:50 AM Posted 30/04/06 09:50 AM I wouldnt think so.Its a MOD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now