Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nsw
Posted

I have a bf 6t and the factory intercooler is painted mat black.

has anyone tried to remove this black paint and polish the intercooler.

any tips on how to shine up my cooler.

  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

This is my factory intercooler and I have spayed it! :spoton:

post-4824-1146381622_thumb.jpg

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted
This is my factory intercooler and I have spayed it!  :spoton:

A few questions.....

1. What paint did u sue??

2. How did u do it??

3. What about paint getting in the fins (Or whatever they are called) ??

4. How s the paint holding up ?? Flaking??

5. Did u strip back the old paint or use undercoat??

Dave

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
This is my factory intercooler and I have spayed it!  :spoton:

A few questions.....

1. What paint did u sue??

2. How did u do it??

3. What about paint getting in the fins (Or whatever they are called) ??

4. How s the paint holding up ?? Flaking??

5. Did u strip back the old paint or use undercoat??

Dave

I used gold chrome paint from supercheap.

I took the bumper and intercooler off to do mine, but you can just mask it up with the bumper and cooler on.

Mine is holding up OK after 8 months, but I'll do it again soon.

I didnt strip or undercoat.

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

urslow.I love your advatare.Makes me want to hire a golf cart :spoton:

I used a chrome colour pressure pack and then cleared over it.No flaking and is still there but it will be replaced with a bigger cooler very soon.

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted
urslow.I love your advatare.Makes me want to hire a golf cart :spoton:

I used a chrome colour pressure pack and then cleared over it.No flaking and is still there but it will be replaced with a bigger cooler very soon.

Maybe we can play a game of golf and do some sycronised drifting :spoton::hiall:

As for the IC ...u wanna do mine??

By the way I have ADAM to thank for the avatar he downsized it and put it into action for me !! :k24t: LEGEND!!

Dave

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted
urslow.I love your advatare.Makes me want to hire a golf cart :spoton:

I used a chrome colour pressure pack and then cleared over it.No flaking and is still there but it will be replaced with a bigger cooler very soon.

Maybe we can play a game of golf and do some sycronised drifting :spoton::hiall:

As for the IC ...u wanna do mine??

By the way I have ADAM to thank for the avatar he downsized it and put it into action for me !! :k24t: LEGEND!!

Dave

Bring it round mate.Rob knows were I live.Ive still got plenty of paint and clear left.PM me if you want to do it :huh:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 15d
  • Location: QLD
Posted

post-7887-1146385503_thumb.jpg

I have removed the matt black paint with 2K thinner .I found that polishing it with any type of metal polish makes it look like :spoton: The cooler had to be removed all up took about 1.5hrs to do from start to finish.

  • Team Grandpa
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hunter Valley
Posted

Evening people,

Has anyone changed there intercooler due the climate conditions and still keep there warranty in tact?

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

I wouldnt think so.Its a MOD

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...