Engine Rebuild

Romulus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m
who's tuning it for you? Nizpro..? best tuning house in Australia (as per your signature...)

Nizpro do a good job, but I'm not having them do it. I'm doing it :spoton: I have a house and a workshop, think I might call my location a tuning house :spoton:

Yep, it's a shameless plug :tease:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 19d

does having a house and a workshop give you right to call youself the best tuning house in australia..? Im pretty sure the like of HPF and Nizpro wouldnt agree...

define workshop.

define best.

This is why we get to vote.. choice.

People have opinions.. it makes the world go round.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 11d

does having a house and a workshop give you right to call youself the best tuning house in australia..? Im pretty sure the like of HPF and Nizpro wouldnt agree...

define workshop.

define best.

My sentiments exactly...what is Jason basing his statement on..? personal opinion or concrete results...? Im keen to know.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 18d

define workshop.

define best.

My sentiments exactly...what is Jason basing his statement on..? personal opinion or concrete results...? Im keen to know.

I think that it was just supposed to be some light hearted humor.....obviously didn't work :spoton:

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 19d

I think that it was just supposed to be some light hearted humor.....obviously didn't work :spoton:

ahuh..

• Member For: 21y 1m 4d

Theres quite a bit of high tech equipment out there that enables a backyarder without any dyno to tune a car spot on on the street. Theres enough info in car books and on the net to work out how to do a good tune. As good as Nispro, maybe not. Better than your average dyno tuner. Definately yes.

• Member For: 18y 10m 15d
Hi M6 XR6T,
What would be the best cost option to handle power up to 450rwkw?

I'm thinking of doing mine soon, and rather than handing over $8k - $10k for a name brand engine swap, what would it take to build and engine , knowing the power output I'm after.

I have a Nizpro Stage III engine, which is good for about 500 rwkW. I have done nearly 20000km on it and have had no problems with it.

Are you building the engine yourself, cause there is a lot of machining/labour cost involved in putting together a bullet-proof engine. If you have the capability / access to machine shops, you could feasibly save yourself a few $$. The only problem is knowing exactly what to alter, and I'm guessing most shops won't tell you what tolerances, clearances, etc are necessary to achieve a reliable bottom end. Maybe the Nizpro / Atomic / other good quality shop bottom end is a good option, if you get a short motor, and then build on top of that.

For example in my engine bottom end here's a brief on build:

1. Forged pistons and H-beam rods. Allow about $3k.

2. Complete engine balance (rods, pistons, crank, etc). Allow $500.

3. Full circle Bearing set. Allow $250.

4. Bore No 1 cylinder (step sleeve) and CRMO sleeve (required on earlier engines, Ford seemed to have addressed the thin wall problems in later engines).5. Sonic tested block, hot dipped, surfaced, honed bores, line hone of mains tunnels. Modified main tunnel for oil system. $$ dependant on what's done.

6. New crank linished and mic. Allow $100.

7. New gasket set, welsh plugs, etc. Allow approx. $500.

8. Labour for assembly, checking clearances, etc.

In my case, it was easier to leave it to the experts.

Cheers

Robin.

Are we talking about early ba engines here or early as in ea-ed engines

and if it is the early ba engines when where they fixed

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 3d
Are we talking about early ba engines here or early as in ea-ed engines

and if it is the early ba engines when where they fixed

Definitely BA I6 engines, Mk 1 up to mid 2004 (or there abouts). Don't know if there wasa definite date things changes, I think it was more a case of the casting die was altered after the when Ford started picking-up on the problem. If you were doing an engine you'd measure the wall thickness around No 1 and see what it was like ??

Cheers

Robin.