Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 24/04/06 05:03 AM Posted 24/04/06 05:03 AM Just thought I would post a positive topic about the BA Mk 1 XR6T I have had mine for over 3 years now, and as far as bang for your buck, you cannot get much better anywhere, when considering performance, size, comfort safety, appearance etc.Sure my car have had to odd faults (including a noisy diff. which is still there), and there may be areas where some plastic bits do not fit perfectly, or could have a nicer appearance, but the car goes like clappers, and it has been modified since about 5000k's (now 78000k's) and NOTHING has broken.Australia should be very happy with the BA Falcon, XR, GT or otherwise, as this is a great family car in anyones language.Sure an Audi or BMW may be better quality, and have more refinement, but at what price? If Ford were allowed to spend that kind of money on the Falcon, WOW it would blow the imports away Unfortunately there is a culture in certain circles, that imported goods are better than Australian built, and Aussie built kit should be 'Cheap Mate'.Finishing off - VERY HAPPY WITH THE CAR, which is why I plan to hold on to it for a while.
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 4d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/06 05:07 AM Posted 24/04/06 05:07 AM great stuff, I know a few are having problems with there cars but its good to hear that there are good cars out there including my GT
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 24/04/06 05:07 AM Posted 24/04/06 05:07 AM Good stuff Allan, I'm with you on this one. You get what you pay for, and in Ford's case you get good value. Any engine issues requiring repairs are remarkably cheaper than having to get a Beamer or Audi worked on... the cost factor extends through the life of the car not just at purchase. I think if you are planning to hold on to your car it's definitely worth it. No resale value really, that's why I plan on holding on to mine (so long as it keeps going!)
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/04/06 05:12 AM Posted 24/04/06 05:12 AM I love my T.Phoon next
BA_XR6Turbo_Ute Member 106 Member For: 21y 1m 4d Location: Sunnybank, brisbane Posted 24/04/06 10:24 AM Posted 24/04/06 10:24 AM I've got an Mk1 04 T Ute. I think I've been lucky that my only major problem was some minor brake shudder which is now no more.Put in the nexus guages and a K & N filter and sweetLove the Mk1 Ute just need to find a competent wheel alignment mob that'll get the damn steering wheel the sit straight
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 13d Posted 24/04/06 11:01 AM Posted 24/04/06 11:01 AM I've got an Mk1 04 T Ute. I think I've been lucky that my only major problem was some minor brake shudder which is now no more.Put in the nexus guages and a K & N filter and sweetLove the Mk1 Ute just need to find a competent wheel alignment mob that'll get the damn steering wheel the sit straight ←Yeh ive had this problem before, who do you get to do your wheel allignments? Tried bob Jane at springwood?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/04/06 11:21 AM Posted 24/04/06 11:21 AM A good news threadI too have had my fair share of niggling issues; would I do it all again? Absofukcenlutely
snail Member 83 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Location: Perth WA Posted 24/04/06 11:48 AM Posted 24/04/06 11:48 AM Couldn't agree more with the "bang for your buck" comment!Checked out a mates Audi 1.8T and mine had better seats, better driving position, acceleration especially a rolling start killed the Audi handled as well...just didn't have the badge!Sometimes we don't appreciate what we've got...mates had drive train issues, interior fitment issues and is shredding tyres after 20k...all for $60k Snail
T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 3m 2d Location: Sydney Posted 24/04/06 11:52 AM Posted 24/04/06 11:52 AM Love my T Typhoon nextWhere have I read that before But seriously had a few issue but what car doesnt
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 24/04/06 12:31 PM Posted 24/04/06 12:31 PM I must concur with what is written above... I went car shopping with a mate of mine on the weekend, he's sick of his V8 though it does 12's... and is looking for something with similar go but more show... we priced 13 year old M3's (his car is 3 years old) and similar Audi's and the like and they want twice what his car is worth (20K) and even more and ARE slower, DON'T have the same interior space as his car, ease of servicing, cheap parts, but they have the badge... you want an Audi that stops, go's and turns like his car you are looking at the A6 4.2L Quattro (60k if you can find one, and they won't be $1,000 a year to insure for a 24yo...) , and his car still stomps it in a straight line...I reckon it's all up to what you are prepared to put up with... granted some cars for some reason just won't come right... but I think on the whole they are the exceptions that prove the rule... Jack
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now