TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 21/04/06 02:17 PM Posted 21/04/06 02:17 PM Im baffled. I call a local Discount Tyres and a certain Speedy Wheel 18x8 chrome is $300. Tyres 235/40/18 are $229ea for a total over $2100....how on earth do Tempe have such cheap package deals? eg $1300 for 4mags and 4 tyres???am I missing something or do Tempe offer bodgy Bulgarian 2nd hand tractor tires on theirs?
rboksic Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 22y 4m 29d Posted 21/04/06 02:41 PM Posted 21/04/06 02:41 PM are they quoting on the same stuff?
Guest Guests Posted 21/04/06 03:17 PM Posted 21/04/06 03:17 PM Ha!Tempe Tyres, don't even think of stopping, just drive straight past...dodgyDarren
Barry Blue Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom! Member 890 Member For: 21y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Tweed Heads Posted 21/04/06 08:11 PM Posted 21/04/06 08:11 PM I can only speak from my own experience, but I had no problems with Tempe.18 x 8 and 18 x 9(rear) chrome Fusions fitted with 235/40/18 and 265/35/18, delivered to my door at Tweed Heads for $2000. Local Bob Jane quoted $2700. They save a lot with the Tyres because they supply Nankangs, however even though they are a dirt cheap tyre, I find them to be quite a reasonable all rounder for the price. I would love to have Michelin Pilots or something similar, but every burnout would produce tears Clarke
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 22/04/06 01:10 AM Posted 22/04/06 01:10 AM Been using tempe for years never had a problem with them yet, and there prices are great
built2redline Member 187 Member For: 21y 4m 22d Location: sh*tney Posted 22/04/06 02:17 AM Posted 22/04/06 02:17 AM no problems with tempe here either
KTASTRPHE Member 82 Member For: 20y 6m Location: Perthoslavakia Posted 22/04/06 09:35 AM Posted 22/04/06 09:35 AM The reason they do everything so cheap is because they have such a high volume of sales. If you rang them you would notice that they try get you off the phone ASAP because they are so busy. One of my mates went to their warehouse and said it is huge. Cars constantly moving in and out!Ive had good dealings with them personally.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 22/04/06 09:42 AM Posted 22/04/06 09:42 AM I can only speak from my own experience, but I had no problems with Tempe.18 x 8 and 18 x 9(rear) chrome Fusions fitted with 235/40/18 and 265/35/18, delivered to my door at Tweed Heads for $2000. Local Bob Jane quoted $2700. They save a lot with the Tyres because they supply Nankangs, however even though they are a dirt cheap tyre, I find them to be quite a reasonable all rounder for the price. I would love to have Michelin Pilots or something similar, but every burnout would produce tears Clarke ←I have 245 Michelin pilots PS1's and they are not that special in the dry. The standard dunlop SP3000's were equally as good, if not better. The PS1's provide better traction in the wet but nothing to rave on about. Just my 2 cents.Back on topic anyway........everyone I know who have been through tempe were very happy with the result.
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 6m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/04/06 11:45 AM Posted 22/04/06 11:45 AM Im baffled. I call a local Discount Tyres and a certain Speedy Wheel 18x8 chrome is $300. Tyres 235/40/18 are $229ea for a total over $2100....how on earth do Tempe have such cheap package deals? eg $1300 for 4mags and 4 tyres???am I missing something or do Tempe offer bodgy Bulgarian 2nd hand tractor tires on theirs?←All of the rims they sell are like Black and Gold labelled food.They chrome chips, they are soft metal and bend easily.. Then they wrap really really sh*tty tyres around them.They are a typical dodgy shop full of sh*t products.
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 22/04/06 01:53 PM Posted 22/04/06 01:53 PM Im baffled. I call a local Discount Tyres and a certain Speedy Wheel 18x8 chrome is $300. Tyres 235/40/18 are $229ea for a total over $2100....how on earth do Tempe have such cheap package deals? eg $1300 for 4mags and 4 tyres???am I missing something or do Tempe offer bodgy Bulgarian 2nd hand tractor tires on theirs?←All of the rims they sell are like Black and Gold labelled food.They chrome chips, they are soft metal and bend easily.. Then they wrap really really sh*tty tyres around them.They are a typical dodgy shop full of sh*t products.←please don't hold back Bain!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now