Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Ok, I have had the pleaser of driving a few XR6 Turbo’s, but until now I had never had one for more then a few hours.

You see the family car broke down last week, and it just so happens that my uncle has left the state for two weeks and kindly gave us his turbs to hammer, I mean use as our daily transport.

Now after putting fuel in a Ford Festiva on a weekly basis you become accustom to your own fuel budget. Oh my God how much fuel do these cars drink? (Waste) Yes my bro and I have been caning it a bit, but hows 351 kms out of a tank of ultimate 98 sound we have spent $140 in the last 6 days.

Is this normal, can this be right? It is the fastest XR6 Turbo I have driven, but the fuel consumption is simply unacceptable!!

As much as I want to own and mod one of these cars, it will be a difficult thing to financially manage. Please can you guys tell me what sort of kms do you get out of your cars?

Also is there a way of improving the fuel economy EG: Edit tune?

This car is a BA 2003 5 speed stock regularly serviced.

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Perfectly normal

Are you still sure you want a Typhoon now :spoton:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

350km per tank would be about my average. :spoton:

On long trips on the open road between 500-550. However for my usual driving around home anything from 200-400 depending on my mood and the weather. :spoton:

Geea. :blink:

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted
Ok, I have had the pleaser of driving a few XR6 Turbo’s, but until now I had never had one for more then a few hours.

You see the family car broke down last week, and it just so happens that my uncle has left the state for two weeks and kindly gave us his turbs to hammer, I mean use as our daily transport.

Now after putting fuel in a Ford Festiva on a weekly basis you become accustom to your own fuel budget. Oh my God how much fuel do these cars drink? (Waste) Yes my bro and I have been caning it a bit, but hows 351 kms out of a tank of ultimate 98  sound we have spent $140 in the last 6 days.

Is this normal, can this be right? It is the fastest XR6 Turbo I have driven, but the fuel consumption is simply unacceptable!!

As much as I want to own and mod one of these cars, it will be a difficult thing to financially manage. Please can you guys tell me what sort of kms do you get out of your cars?

Also is there a way of improving the fuel economy EG: Edit tune?

This car is a BA 2003 5 speed stock regularly serviced.

yeah, I get abot 351ks for mine at a cost of about $65-$70 a week.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yhea I don’t know how people can afford to run these things, my bro is a civil engineer and I am very soon to be a certified CISCO network engineer, and with house payments I just can’t see how we both can stretch to own one of these cars, let alone one each. It is really getting me down to be honest!! :spoton::spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
Yhea I don’t know how people can afford to run these things, my bro is a civil engineer and I am very soon to be a certified CISCO network engineer, and with house payments I just can’t see how we both can stretch to own one of these cars, let alone one each. It is really getting me down to be honest!! :spoton:  :spoton:

get the XR5T :blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Yhea I don’t know how people can afford to run these things, my bro is a civil engineer and I am very soon to be a certified CISCO network engineer, and with house payments I just can’t see how we both can stretch to own one of these cars, let alone one each. It is really getting me down to be honest!! :spoton:  :spoton:

get the XR5T :blink:

Umm no!!!

Besides it would probably drink a fair bit anyway.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
Yhea I don’t know how people can afford to run these things, my bro is a civil engineer and I am very soon to be a certified CISCO network engineer, and with house payments I just can’t see how we both can stretch to own one of these cars, let alone one each. It is really getting me down to be honest!! :crybaby:  :spoton:

get the XR5T :spoton:

Umm no!!!

Besides it would probably drink a fair bit anyway.

well in that case stop complaining and get the phoon :msm:

  • TerriGhia
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 19d
Posted
Yhea I don’t know how people can afford to run these things, my bro is a civil engineer and I am very soon to be a certified CISCO network engineer, and with house payments I just can’t see how we both can stretch to own one of these cars, let alone one each. It is really getting me down to be honest!! :crybaby:  :spoton:

get the XR5T :spoton:

Umm no!!!

Besides it would probably drink a fair bit anyway.

keep the festy! It suits you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Ok, well why do they drink so much is it the size of the car?

Or just poor tunning, can you improve the fuel efficiency of the motor with a decent tune?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...