Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Yhea thanks for the input guys. I think it really is not a matter of to buy or not to buy one, because the fact is I want, and I will get. It’s more the concern with the inconsistent fuel mileage that people are seeing. I am just really concerned about problems with these cars like the fuel consumption that could go undiagnosed for many people. I mean it really is odd that some get acceptable fuel mileage (500kms out of one tank) and other are spending up big time just to get 350Kmh out of a tank.

That to me indicates common problems with some or most cars.

Of course Ford has no clue as usual!

All it indicates to me is that everyone drives differently and everyone has different ideas on what is acceptable economy. Bit of a long bow to say there is a common problem with most cars.

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Team Bute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Get yourself a Honda jaz, or Mazda 2.

You ain't going to like the running costs of a Typhoon.

And you certainly won't be happy with the drop in value.

High fuel prices are here to stay.

It reminds me of the 70's.

Large cars will devalue, small fuel efficient cars may even go up in value.

But what a bore ......

I don't get very far on a tank full

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 28d
Posted

The way I look at it is that it costs me around an extra $30 a week to drive my T the way I want to compared to commuting in a nothingmobile.

At around $1,500 pa that's cheaper than my golf membership ( another pastime of mine) so in my book that's good value for money.

............oh and instead of losing balls I grew bigger ones :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Just got back from a trip to Townsville and back, with a bit of running around Townsville for a week 10.4l per 100kms and a total of 3300km travelled. Most of the highway driving was on cruise with foot to the firewall when passing the slower vehicles. Since I have had the vehicle I have averaged 14.5l per 100kms. For the fun Ive had in this car the cost of fuel does not enter into any consideration. Oh and it helps that its a novated lease so im paying for the fuel before tax.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...