Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d
  • Location: Frankston
Posted

Hi guy's

What a great day we all had, I cant believe I won but the car drove fantastic, I was pulling the best reaction times out of my ass through the knock out rounds and pulled a 0.4101 in the final, which resulted in a 11.8062 to take the win.

I was backing off hard at the end as my dial up time was 11.8 and if I went under that your out.

We had a great dayand really flew the Ford Flag alot of Expensive Daewoo people were taking pictures of all of our car and talking to us all day, nice people Expensive Daewoo people I must say.

I didn't think I would be driving home last night with the winners cup in the back seat and a ring on my finger that was made for all the winners mine says Ford haha.

I will put up some pictures later.

Dave. (L.S.1.National Champion 2006 haha)

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted

YOU SUCK!! :sick:

Was a great day. Well done again buddy.

And f*ck me my head hurts from that little incident at the end of the night! :sick:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d
  • Location: Frankston
Posted
YOU SUCK!!  :sick: 

Was a great day. Well done again buddy.

And f*ck me my head hurts from that little incident at the end of the night! :sick:

Thank's Marcus

And I dont know how you got your head stuck in such a little hole (she was a big girl haha)

Dave.

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

And f*ck me my head hurts from that little incident at the end of the night! :sick:

Getting in some incident practice for the Vic Big W/end 2 :sick:

BTW well done Dave :sick:

  • Member of team Kittens
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 5d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Great Result Dave!!!!!! :sick:

Damn Marcus - an incident, and I wasn't there to witness... hate that!

Hope head gets better!

Cheers, :sick:

Ben.

  • Member of team Kittens
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 5d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

And f*ck me my head hurts from that little incident at the end of the night! :sick:

Getting in some incident practice for the Vic Big W/end 2 :sick:

BTW well done Dave :sick:

:sick::sick:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

A great victory to Dave and well deserved. Having a 0.41 reaction in the fianl was amazing. I myself got knocked out in the semi by 0.16 of a second, I was a little slow off the line with a 0.83 and wasn't quite able to catch the other car.

My day had an interesting start. We left home at 630am. We got to the track, prepped our cars and waited for the test and tune to begin @ 11am. After telling Deano that I can't launch harder than 3200rpm I preceeded to launch at 3395rpm first up and snap another CV. Dean had the data logging and camera gear on and it's all recorded. :sick:

Luckily for me Laurie had brought a spare r/h inner CV which is the one I broke and Danny and Brendon from HPF changed the CV at the track. Boy, do I owe them blokes its a bitch of a job.

After having the CV fixed I dialed in 11.5 and was only launching at 2000rpms to make sure I got through the racing side of things. Launching at 2000rpm I was getting 2.0/2.1 60's.

After the racing I decided to have a few proper runs. I launched at 3000rpm and the first run I did alot of things wrong and ran 11.08. The second run I did everything right and managed a 1.58 60'. The car has a problem though as under full load it won't engage 2nd gear. This ment that I was going 1st trying to get 2nd and failing and going straight to 3rd. doing this the car ran [email protected] which is pretty good for a 2 speed. I shifted to 3rd at 6800rpm.

Deano wanted to come for a run to check some other Data logging functions. Deano and I have a combined weight of over 200kg and the car still managed a 1.65 60' with an 11.32@126 whist still a 2 speed. I think that would make Dean the fastest passenger in an XR6T.

All up what started baddly ended up being a great day and as usual it was spent with some great guys.

Congratulations again to Dave, well done buddy. :sick:

Geea. :sick:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Well done again Dave! :sick:

As I said in the other thread, no one could of beaten you in that race. That's as close to perfect as you'd ever get.

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted

Hey boys...

Good day... plenty of quick cars out and a few who had travelled from a long way away... saw a WA reg Crewman...

Sorry didn't get to say bye, had a look for you guys but couldn't find you... saw the cars but you weren't near them...

The far lane is death valley for XR's... the HP-F XR8 broke down there, geea you broke the CV in that lane, I broke my CV in that lane at Christmas time... if I go back there and race I think I'll try and keep to the left lane...

Jack :sick:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

That's the same lane Craig broke the other CV's in aswell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...