Stock Power Outputs

Romulus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9d
Gots my Edit at Nizpro yesterday. BF F6 manual ran 253rwkw stock, 292rwkw after a full day's tuning by Simon and Dave  :msm: 

No mods apart from edit. Even using a standard Ford air filter (new). Run-in was hard, with 11,800kms on the clock at the time of edit.

I'll post up the graphs when I can.

that's a heap of power for a stock car. :msm: My phoon ran 205RWKW stock but it was discovered that the exhaust was stuffed :pooh:

I never got to run it stock with a good exhaust, all I can say is now with the 3.5" xforce on you can't WOT in first or second with the TC on as the car has a heart attack as she hits boost. Having said that, even with TC off you still cant really do it cause the back end just slides accross your lane and scares the :msm: out of the HSV driver that you are teaching a lesson too :gooff:

Love the sound of that! :tease:

I couldn't believe the figures myself. Simon mentioned that of the BF F6s they've done, 2 manuals (mine included) ran ~253rwkw stock, and an auto had 235rwkw stock. From what I've read around the forums, the Dyno Logic dyno at Nizpro is pretty accurate as well (and Nizpro themselves, reputable of course). Their previous figures on XR6Ts and F6s have reflected what people have posted on this forum, so I'm pretty happy with posting what I got.

The new power curve overlays the stock one until about 2800rpm, where it breaks away, gaining almost 70kw over stock at 3500rpm. It's awesome to drive. Just like it was before if I tootle about below 3000rpm, but if I nail that throttle, it's like I've been hit by a bus from behind. Great stuff!

T5 Manual with 2nd CAI and K&N Filter:

206 rwkw on Hyperdrive's Dyno Dynamics in shoot 6

227rwkw on Mindarie Custom Exhaust's Dyno Dynamics in Shoot 6. It was the highest reading he'd ever seen for a stocker. (I'm not saying that's what my car has, but it what the Dyno said. I've attached the chart as proof.)

The red line is the factory tune. Green line is 8psi (which only got to 7) and blue line was a dodgy 10 psi that never got anywhere near 10psi.

Whilst its obvious that all Dynos read differently and humidity adjustments etc have an impact, I also believe that the same car with same tune will run different rwkw at different times, perhaps dependent on how you've been driving as well as obvious things like ambient temp, humidity, heat soak, what side it got out of bed etc..

Good post Mark. A dyno is really just a diagnostic tool. I for one aren't suggesting that my car's better/worse than anything/anyone. Simply, according to my Tuner, with their tools and experience, my cars somewhat healthy and producing results better than what they would have expected given previous results.

I love edit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 4d
297rwhp stock..

must have been a problem with the run but, because that's 220rwkw..

unheard of..

But it did it twice... and there were no other anomolies on the day...

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d
297rwhp stock..

unheard of..

Not strapped down tightly enough perhaps?

DD perhaps? :sleepystuff:

• Member For: 19y 5m 30d
297rwhp stock..

unheard of..

Ahhh - just claim it Kieran! See my earlier post - mine ran more than that once - inconsistency is a (stock) T's forte.

Looking at your chart, though, yours definitely produces power well beyond 5000rpm (or up to 185 km per hr). Most other stockers have their power drop off sharply after 5000 - 5200rpm. Your PCM obviously didn't do this on Saturday.

Maybe it will next time. Or maybe it won't. I just attribute it to that feeling you get some days when you feel your car is fitter than usual. Enjoy it! (or Edit it!)

Mark

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d

Also remember guys most car manufacturers will quote bare engine figures. Ie 240 fly wheel kws with no pumps, alternator etc. that's why "most" cars never make the stated power output when converted to fly wheel Kw's.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 5d
297rwhp stock..

must have been a problem with the run but, because thats 220rwkw..

unheard of..

DD perhaps? :sofa:

wahchutalkinbout willis?

mine was an anomolie down 5o rwhp....least Simon and I found the problem....firkin cat.... :sofa: