Dr Z Member 378 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Posted 17/03/06 01:15 AM Posted 17/03/06 01:15 AM The April 2006 issue of Motor Magazine is a great read and is a keeper for posterity since it heralds the beginning of the Ford/FPV domination era over Holden/HSV with the Australian PCOTY results. With VE Late model camira expecting to lug a lot more weight than the VZ, that domination is expected to continue, hopefully for a LONG time. On page 120 and 121 there is a good read on "Abuse Mode" or Torque Management. For anyone who ever wonders why their car appears inconsistent in power delivery, this is a good read. The second last paragraph specifically covers the turbocharged Barra in the XR6T and F6. I have scanned and attached the article here.It would be great to hear how our community members can relate to this article. Share your experiences.How can you better manage this Abuse Mode?Edit. Safe and happy driving...Dr Z.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/03/06 01:17 AM Posted 17/03/06 01:17 AM The author of that article is Street Tuner.
Dr Z Member 378 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Posted 17/03/06 01:26 AM Author Posted 17/03/06 01:26 AM The author of that article is Street Tuner.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dswiders Member 398 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Boronia, Vic Posted 17/03/06 01:30 AM Posted 17/03/06 01:30 AM Soooo..... us edited guys are driving around in Abuse Mode But it just depends on what level you want to abuse it, going beyond the capabilities and you will start having issues. You play, you pay.
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 4m Posted 17/03/06 01:33 AM Posted 17/03/06 01:33 AM Interesting hows Martins final word ( last paragraph) refers to how edit gets around the problem
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 17/03/06 01:35 AM Posted 17/03/06 01:35 AM Very interesting read.
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 9d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 17/03/06 01:39 AM Posted 17/03/06 01:39 AM Whilst I've known about the software for a while I think it's something that car manufactures should be forced to mention in their advertising... When I brought my car I was told it had 240kw... I'd would have expected when I brought the car (Like everyone else) that the 240kw should be available when I want (or need) it not just when the car feels like it. As technically it is false advertising as such I recon we coud probably get the software removed if we felt like fighting ford... (But who has the time \ money to do that!!!!)
Dr Z Member 378 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Posted 17/03/06 07:34 AM Author Posted 17/03/06 07:34 AM Whilst I've known about the software for a while I think it's something that car manufactures should be forced to mention in their advertising... When I brought my car I was told it had 240kw... I'd would have expected when I brought the car (Like everyone else) that the 240kw should be available when I want (or need) it not just when the car feels like it. As technically it is false advertising as such I recon we coud probably get the software removed if we felt like fighting ford... (But who has the time \ money to do that!!!!)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good point. I guess an engine manufacturer's reply would include that they are quoting a maximum power figure. What I was hoping community members would share, is their noticeable experiences of this "Abuse Mode" kicking in with "bumometer" or "seat of the pants" differences in power delivery. What did you notice? When did you notice? How did it come about? Did you do anything about it? etc
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/03/06 07:48 AM Posted 17/03/06 07:48 AM Never heard of this abuse mode before, Oh Except when I was a teenager. However the article refers to stalling up an automatic acouple of times. What are the Abuse mode parameters on a manual. If my posts are not making much sense today, I am bloody tired.Scotty
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/03/06 10:32 AM Posted 17/03/06 10:32 AM I have experienced the AM in the VZ ranta cars I have had the last few times.I tried stalling them up on dirt and could not even get a spin from the tyres. The will still do donuts, but it seems to be much harder than it used to be.Its taken all the fun out of renting cars.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now