Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North west NSW
Posted

All's well that ends well!

Car was returned today with a remark from the workshop boss that it goes real well! It certainly does with full boost and black marks to prove it.

Even better when I loaded the 8psi program into it. You can hear the wastegate fluttering and the turbo whistling. Its music to my ears.

:mexicanwave:

  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 6d
  • Location: gold coast
Posted
I started this post on the 5th March and I have learnt a lot about XR6t's in that time, a crash course in T's, tuners and Ford service.

As my car is about to run out of warranty this month I wanted to sort out the lack of performance and introduce the CAPA unit to my ute.

The flasher unit has been returned from CAPA with the correct tunes installed.

Ford has worked on fixing a number of small problems under warranty and never quibbled once about it. They eventually replaced a computer (didnt ask which) as the fault codes indicated a problem and the lack of boost remained.

This afternoon when I went to pick the car up it was still on the hoist and the mechanic showed me the actuator rod for the wastegate that was no longer connected, as the circlip had long since departed.  At last tangible evidence that supports the symptoms. Its in a bugger of a place to get to on a hot motor so I said it'll wait till tomorrow. I'll dream of 235rwkw, that should get me off to a good nights sleep.  :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine did exactly the same thing only took ford 4 goes to find it :spit:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 2d
Posted
All's well that ends well!

Car was returned today with a remark from the workshop boss that it goes real well! It certainly does with full boost and black marks to prove it.

Even better when I loaded the 8psi program into it. You can hear the wastegate fluttering and the turbo whistling. Its music to my ears.

:spoton:

I bet your sleeping even less now.

Fun having the power on tap. :msm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...