Phevor Member 124 Member For: 20y 8m 5d Location: Melbourne Posted 18/02/06 02:16 AM Posted 18/02/06 02:16 AM Have been thinking lately about adding another badge to the T as from a front &/or side view, the T's recognised like any other XR6 on the road (not saying that that's a bad thing)! I reckon the emphasis on the T's TURBO spec isn't as highly emphasised by Ford compared to the likes of some other manufacturers. Yes it's the under the bonet that counts but... I reckon the T could do with some further badging to emphasise the differences so thought I'd try some ideas to discuss.Was thinking of adding either a 'TURBO' or 'T' badge alongside the current 'XR6' badging mainly on the skirts (not so much the front) so tried playing with some pic ideas and thought I'd ask for other's opinions. So see the pics below and make a comment or two. Shoot me some further ideas to try so further designs.. Would be good if we could decide on something, an after market maker source could possibly make it not only could it be profitable but something else to help the Ts growing popularity! This could even be another exclusive to 'www.fordxr6turb.com' members thing?!? Cheers & thanx.. \m/
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 15d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 18/02/06 02:39 AM Posted 18/02/06 02:39 AM My opinion - leave it alone, don't add any of the suggested Turbo badges you have in the pics, would make a hot car look tacky.I'm thinking of the going the other way and removing the badges.One guy I had some fun with in a Rapid T which had the Turbo removed took me by surprise and gotta say I kinda liked being tricked into thinking it was just an NA and then he lights up the Turbo. And the cops and would be thieves, wouldn't have a clue unless they catch a glimpse of the intercooler which ain't always easy.
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 4d Location: Melbourne Posted 18/02/06 02:44 AM Posted 18/02/06 02:44 AM when I bought my first T in 03 there was alot of talk about getting aftermarket badges made up. Maybe a search is your best option for peoples opinions.P.S. I'd go the removal option instead of adding more badges
5INFUL MASSIVE MEMBER Member 294 Member For: 21y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: PERTH Posted 18/02/06 02:53 AM Posted 18/02/06 02:53 AM First thing I did was remove all my badges except the ford ones, nice and stealth that way.
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 18/02/06 03:02 AM Posted 18/02/06 03:02 AM have a look at pashens old car he had turbo badges on the front that looked pretty good 5inful.... stealth with a chrome intercooler?
Phevor Member 124 Member For: 20y 8m 5d Location: Melbourne Posted 18/02/06 03:07 AM Author Posted 18/02/06 03:07 AM Hmm the removal of badges option certainly wouldn't attract as much attention especially as my car is pretty damn new. How hard is it to remove the TURBO badge and does this leave bad holes/marks on the boot lid?\m/
5INFUL MASSIVE MEMBER Member 294 Member For: 21y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: PERTH Posted 18/02/06 03:08 AM Posted 18/02/06 03:08 AM (edited) Haha I was wondering when someone would point that out..Unless I come up from behind its stealth.Nope no holes. I just used fishing wire and gently removed them, then clean up the left over sticky stuff with eucalyptus oil. Edited 18/02/06 03:10 AM by 5INFUL
Phevor Member 124 Member For: 20y 8m 5d Location: Melbourne Posted 18/02/06 03:17 AM Author Posted 18/02/06 03:17 AM [5INFUL] Thanks.. may look into this as I love a monochromatic mean looking ride and have been umming and erring over the badges! De-badging now sounds like a better option \m/ :spotion:
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 18/02/06 04:31 AM Posted 18/02/06 04:31 AM I've removed all XR and Turbo badges from the car. I think they look much better de-badged.Geea.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 18/02/06 05:00 AM Posted 18/02/06 05:00 AM I think the extra "T" option is the go, but in a different font to match the exisiting. That way it is subtle enough to get the message across that it's turbo but doesn't scream it like a lot of the import cars.The full "XR6 TURBO" badge on the side skirt looks like you've just stuck the boot one on there with no real thought put into it.Badgeless would look OK too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now