Dynosteve At It Again,28/1/06

xlr8ed

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 22d
Well guys, we ran it very soft tonight and broke nothing  :spoton:  however traction just wasn't there at all, other than the first run I got off it each time as it got loose at half track, and very loose off the line, also almost crossed the centre line twice. However I'm very happy with the night as this was a low as I could tune it down to. Thanks to greg and rob for the help tonight guys and great to meet a few of the members here also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steve

Very good effort mate. Traction was alway's going to an issue, but the car is performing well on low boost very consistant! Not too far away from the long standing record that is proving to be very ilusive.

Keep at it gradually turn it up. Take some weight off the car next time.

Tell me you got this on video we would all like to see the beast. Just go to pufile.com and upload the file and then cut and paste the link when your done.

Regards

Spiro

• Phantom lives
  • Member For: 20y 7d

Steve I know you went with the glide because of the strengh of it, but with the weight of the car would it be best to souce a box with more gears at least 1 more gear like a C4...I know its a different kettle of fish compared to standard cars but if you get the standard 4 speed auto xr6t up against the 6 speed auto xr6t the 6 speed produces a fast ET...

I thought this would be because the extra gears pulls the weight of the car alot easier.... Hence the reason trucks have 15 odd gears...

But like I said its a different kettle of fish we are talking about... Whats your thoughts please?

jeff

• Gold Donating Members
Steve I know you went with the glide because of the strengh of it, but with the weight of the car would it be best to souce a box with more gears at least 1 more gear like a C4...I know its a different kettle of fish compared to standard cars but if you get the standard 4 speed auto xr6t up against the 6 speed auto xr6t the 6 speed produces a fast ET...

I thought this would be because the extra gears pulls the weight of the car alot easier.... Hence the reason trucks have 15 odd gears...

But like I said its a different kettle of fish we are talking about... Whats your thoughts please?

jeff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeff

There is already traction issue's with 2 gear's the third is not required at this power level. The glide is definitely the best and only option.

Regards

Spiro

• Gold Donating Members
great efforts Steve!!!  What was the track temps and humidity like?

jeff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

26deg 64%h 1010mb 20398ra (tt)34deg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steve

Show us the 60' and mid track times please on the 10.15 run.

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 1m 20d

Mate if this is the times your getting at low boost :msm: we would absolutly love to see it at high boost again mate well done on a great effort :blink:

Please tell us you got it on video :spoton:

• Phantom lives
  • Member For: 20y 7d

jeff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeff

There is already traction issue's with 2 gear's the third is not required at this power level. The glide is definitely the best and only option.

Regards

Spiro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just thinking with that kind of power and a transbrake launching at 5500

with those tyres it was always going to have traction probs.... I have run 10's on 6 inch slicks with only a 3rd of that power though....

Maybe time for little tubs and a good 4 link set up...

jeff

jeff

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 13d
Just a quick question is this a XR6T or the body of one with different engine?

Regards

M G

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Full XR6T Ute.