AOK29 Member 93 Member For: 21y 5m 25d Posted 14/01/06 10:51 AM Posted 14/01/06 10:51 AM (edited) Goldie,I can give you a hand tommorrow as a lacky.Would that help?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>can't do any thing until monday the *beep* has changed the locks.Ian<{POST_SNAPBACK}> that's bullsh*t..bloody landlords, you stillhave rights and a legal procedure to follow,having said that if you dont break the locks and retreive the gear before Monday morn. there is no telling he is just going to politely and calmly unlock the doors just because u want him to since he's gone to the trouble of changing the locks on u,I wouldn't wait till normal hours of bus. to move, or stay on premises and call the cops but dont leave the premise once you,ve broken into it, legaly you cant break in but legally he can't kick u out like that either.Dion. Edited 14/01/06 10:53 AM by AOK29
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 29d Location: Gold Coast Posted 14/01/06 11:02 AM Posted 14/01/06 11:02 AM Actually legally you can break in, well it's not exactly breaking as he's paid the rent for the next week & is being let in.Any solicitor will tell you to get e locksmith to open it up, as you're within your rights to do so!Russ
BALLBREAKER Member 427 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Gender: Male Posted 14/01/06 12:25 PM Posted 14/01/06 12:25 PM Mate love to help everybody needs a hand now & then if only the F6 could really fly.Sorry mate im in SYDNEY Good luck with the move GOLDIE.
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 22y 9d Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 14/01/06 12:42 PM Posted 14/01/06 12:42 PM If only it was in a couple of weeks I would give you a hand Sorry
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 14/01/06 11:40 PM Posted 14/01/06 11:40 PM sorry to hear whats expired Ian... sounds like a f'd up situation... I wish I could lend a hand unfortunately my work commitments limit me to any weekday activities :(good luck though... sounds like you've got some good guys and girls helping out.I hope it all sorts itself out.Matt
Guest Guests Posted 15/01/06 01:15 AM Posted 15/01/06 01:15 AM actually he is within his rights to enter the premises but as he has already located new premises he is better to go to the local civil ands administrative tribunal as it is aust law that even with out lease any month to month or weely tenancy over 12 months is a binding lease thus 3 months notice is required hence unless you are more than 2 weeks or 2 months behind in rent dependant on payment term you have a law suit you can win I know I won!!!
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 15/01/06 02:25 AM Posted 15/01/06 02:25 AM Not to mention, adding in potential loss of business...etc. I'd say you do have a strong case. If you were able to get access yesterday or today, I'd help out but yeah, as with most of us, we have work commitments as well on Monday. Good to see you have a few that can help out, top effort guys Good that you've also found a premesis just around the corner so hopefully the local businesses and loyal clients will still use you. Some things happen for a reason, once all the has cleared, hopefully 2006 will be a great year for you.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/06 03:45 AM Posted 15/01/06 03:45 AM Actually legally you can break in, well it's not exactly breaking as he's paid the rent for the next week & is being let in.Any solicitor will tell you to get e locksmith to open it up, as you're within your rights to do so!Russ<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pfffft locksmith.Grab eithera) crowbarb) bolt cuttersorc) brickIf you dont wanna do that, revenge is tasty, id be going back round after you've moved all your stuff out of the old workshop and superglueing all the locks......Fordxr6turbo does not condone the actions of Mick, and will not be held responsible. Please dont try this at home.
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 29d Location: Gold Coast Posted 15/01/06 03:55 AM Posted 15/01/06 03:55 AM that's damage to property & he'd have to pay for it, so not what you call the smartest scenario!!!Just like damaging the locks etc. If you are willing to this you must be willing to cop it back at you.I'm sure Ian has enough stress at the moment & worrying about someone coming & damaging his new location is not what he needs!
KittyKatSmack Itty Bitty Kitty Kar Member 859 Member For: 23y 25d Location: on a road near you.... Posted 15/01/06 02:32 PM Posted 15/01/06 02:32 PM Ian and Anita,We will be thinking of you both and all the effort you will be putting in today. We love you both very much and we will be sending good thoughts, strength, patience and all our love, hope it helps.Please remember to take breaks and look after your health, I know the situation is urgent and you have no choice but to get everything done, but please please remember that it is not worth risking life and limb for!! I don't know what I would do without you guys, so take good care of yourselves for me.We are all so sorry that you have had to deal with this from a man you trusted and worked with, what goes around comes around though, and he will get his. Karma will bite him in the arse, or I will when I get there in mid February *bigevilgrins*If I had known sooner than 8 hours ago, I would have certainly flown up there to help.You guys give the shirt from your backs to help those in need, and it is so good to see that you are getting the support from all the QLD XR6Turbo owners.Thankyou everyone, for helping Ian and Anita in their hour of need.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now