tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/01/06 04:18 AM Posted 20/01/06 04:18 AM
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 20/01/06 04:51 AM Posted 20/01/06 04:51 AM serious my car does start to smell.It's probably just your upper lip. Tab has the same problem.....that reminds me, please talk to your mother about personal hygiene Like you'd have a chance Virgin!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/01/06 04:53 AM Posted 20/01/06 04:53 AM serious my car does start to smell.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's probably just your upper lip. Tab has the same problem.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>....that reminds me, please talk to your mother about personal hygiene <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Like you'd have a chance Virgin!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>you cut me real deep
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 20/01/06 04:57 AM Posted 20/01/06 04:57 AM another question, are you headlights really weak? cause my ones suck!Yup, I found the stock headlights to be really substandard too. You can replace the globes with the Philips +50 vision ones (or whatever they're called). This simple mod made one helluva difference for me and those globes are completely legal (just don't go for the silly blue tinted ones - they're nowhere near as bright, look silly and, most importantly, aren't legal!). Could not be as bad as EF lights!!!Chookathey couldn't possible be any worse then Late model camira headlights...particularly anything pre-VT...also, I wouldn't worry about the service centre thrashing your T, they probabily see about 10 of them a week, back when they were brand new maybe, but T's are old news now...Dave.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 20/01/06 05:31 AM Posted 20/01/06 05:31 AM Piece of piss, but a painfull piss
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 20d Location: Sydney Posted 20/01/06 06:03 AM Author Posted 20/01/06 06:03 AM I know they thrashed it. the average fuel per 100k was almost 25l and when I dropped it off it was only at 14.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 7m 28d Posted 20/01/06 11:09 AM Posted 20/01/06 11:09 AM I couldn't agree more about taking note of the klm's when you drop the car off.Anyway to fix a headlight problem it should only gain about 2km to move it around the dealership.Associate at work took his XR in for an idle problem. SO the mechanic took it for a test drive. Too check and idle problem??????After a while an ambulance goes down the the same road , light and sirens, NO more XR. Written off.Dealer found an identicle XR to replace it with.I think the standard headlights are great. I put +50 globes in the Statesman I had and the XR lights are better than the Statesmans.
kawerx TerriGhia Legacy Donating Member 206 Member For: 20y 8m 7d Posted 22/01/06 01:26 AM Posted 22/01/06 01:26 AM my auto ute gets around 15-19l per 100 around town(heavy melbourne traffic)about 10.5-12l on hiway trips. moderate heavy right foot. im sure I could get much better figures but that's why I did not buy a carolla
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 23/01/06 12:16 PM Posted 23/01/06 12:16 PM well what can I say...choose your dealers better, I've never had a problem with mine...Dave.
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Posted 23/01/06 12:37 PM Posted 23/01/06 12:37 PM I know they thrashed it. the average fuel per 100k was almost 25l and when I dropped it off it was only at 14.that's because they would have upgraded the software on the computer you IDIOT! Nah just joking, simply when they install new software it resets all the old figures, happens on my car to as average fuel consumption couldnt increase that much in an over night spin neways as it averages over the period since the computer was reset or when you manually reset the trip function. As for that largish noise your hearing, have a look under the bonnet, theres a big rubber grommet near the steering rack, make sure its still in place! Good luck bud
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now