Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

I have a wog clutch which is a twin plate organic. Very similar to the AP clutch but lighter, cheaper and more clamp force. I think it's brilliant and for 1750 fitted (with billet flywheel and alloy csc), absolutely no complaints.

As for thr rapid kit they're good, particuarly for the price. The 800hp kit like esky has would be a better choice if you're willing to spend a little more. The plazmaman kit fits better than Rapids.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
^^^ On the money with the AP Racing clutch price unfortunately :spoton:

The MW Option 3 is probably the best bang for buck clutch around & it's reported by Mal himself to of been on a 400+rwkw ute for over 12 months with no dramas :spoton:

No way! ......Mal is also salesman

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: somewhere in the great outdoors
Posted
Kick it to me, kick it to me!!

The one thing I can say about clutches that I've learnt the very hard way (numerous times thanks to Xtreme clutches) is buy something tried & tested in the first place. I used 2 different types of the Xtreme cerametallic clutches, had a few rebuilds along the way, & 2 of their flywheels before I bit the bullet & bought a Phoon AP Racing twin plate... Best money I ever spent on the car :spoton:

:spoton: WE AGREE I love the new clutch and would waste any $$'s on the Xtreme heap of :pooh: . In the long run it was much cheaper to put in the AP , and honestly only a couple of 100 if we had of done it straight up.

DONT GO THE EXTREME should have known it was no good ..... its purple

D

Posted

That's just what I was told... Who am I to say yay or nay?? It could be in there holding up fine because the ute is never thrashed or it could be punshed every day, who knows :spoton:

If I had to do it all again, I would of just bought the AP clutch in the beginning. Brilliant pedal feel, high take up point, handles extreme abuse & can be upgraded with interchangable disks when power levels exceed the organic plates limits. Never seen/felt a wog clutch so can't comment on them but I have heard of a few happy customers including IH8TOADS.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

are the wog twin plates still available?

I thought he had changed which clutches he was selling now?

  • Banned
  • Member For: 18y 8m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: wa
Posted

I used a mal wood stage 6 in mine, this clutch is not for the street.

I managed to drive a turbo ute at motorvation this year that was running a Textralia in it very nice to drive.

Rapid sell the textralia clutches

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
That's just what I was told... Who am I to say yay or nay?? It could be in there holding up fine because the ute is never thrashed or it could be punshed every day, who knows :spoton:

If I had to do it all again, I would of just bought the AP clutch in the beginning. Brilliant pedal feel, high take up point, handles extreme abuse & can be upgraded with interchangable disks when power levels exceed the organic plates limits. Never seen/felt a wog clutch so can't comment on them but I have heard of a few happy customers including IH8TOADS.

Yeah the AP's are the No 1 choice when it comes to clutches in these cars....and if the organic AP isn't strong enough just put in the ceramic plates :-)

With 400kw's I'd say you would have to be gentle with an opt 3. Definitely no heavy launches!

I'm pretty sure the wog clutch is still available. The wog has improved it slightly with a billet centre plate and a few other improvements

:-)

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Oh and my bro got some new shoes for his VE SS, also lowered it, took the spoiler off, chev badged it and put an XFORCE exhaust system on it

ssv3xs0.png

Arron, tell Him hes K.O.S at xtreme now !

(K.O.S = kill on site !)

J/king, When did he get it?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Forrestfield
Posted
Thommo wants to run 10's

lol then we can hang out !

esky that sounds the goods to me, ill be goin one of them very soon!

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, Forrestfield
Posted

red turbo sedan fillin up at forrie bp, 19-20inch chrome rims with a decent sized polished cooler... this mornign 10-11ish

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...