Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

I always have to wonder, are they functional or are they like the monaro vents that go nowhere. Much easier to stick a plastic thing on than it is to get proper ventilation and not mess anything up!

  • Donkey Dick
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Anyone going to the drags today ?

I'm competing in mod bike so if you're wandering down fourth ave in the pits, look out for the pit with the Aussie Streetfighters banner and the black Harley parked between a GSXR streetfighter and a GSX1400 that doesn't look like a GSX1400 and say hi. Ask for Phill, I'll be the good lookin' one. Would love to have a chat about turbo falcons.

Didn't see this til now, otherwise I would've come over & had a chat!

I raced Super Street & ended up winning the day. Was stoked to beat the likes of both the Jeffreys Brothers & the [NAPALM] VH in the final :sungum:

Edited by Slash
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Nice work! Shame it had to be a Calais but I know you said it's the consistency that wins out.

Is there a Minimum ET on Super Street?

  • HOON
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: W.A
Posted (edited)

good work once again Dean, Napalm has been around for donkeys hahaha

Edited by RIP_HSV
  • Totally not a Cop
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Hahahahaha I swear to god, we were just speaking about rolling it out of my garage & burning it in the culd-e-sac :roflmbo:

Save it for the next AL cruise. :roflmbo:

Well done on the win, shame you missed out on drifts though.

Edited by Crashed
  • Will do skids for food
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth SOR
Posted

Wow Slash ! Congrats !

I went down in the second round.

Close to my dial in too, but the other guy was closer.

I've entered for the top fuel meeting so maybe catch you then. Will prob camp there friday night.

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

I'm guessing consistent 11.2's?

  • Donkey Dick
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Nice work! Shame it had to be a Calais but I know you said it's the consistency that wins out.

Is there a Minimum ET on Super Street?

My calais is quicker than your falcoon & it's NA :tonguepoke:

Wow Slash ! Congrats !

I went down in the second round.

Close to my dial in too, but the other guy was closer.

I've entered for the top fuel meeting so maybe catch you then. Will prob camp there friday night.

What sort of lights do you normally cut? What light did you get in the 2nd round when you were eliminated??

Was my first big meet I've entered & expected everyone to be going .010 & quicker off the line, but to my surprise the S/ST class was averaging .050 or thereabouts. All my practice payed off as I was averaging .020, with a best of .003!

Well done Dean.

What times did you end up running?

Qualified with an 11.28 @ 119mph, which put me in 19th out of 36 cars. Ended up running a best of 11.26 in my semi which was a solo pass, but was consistently running 11.30 both days.

Was very hot all weekend so I was extremely happy with how it performed considering it's still a full weight, pump fuel, drag radial car in a class that is predominently stripped out, AvGas, full slicked cars.

I'm guessing consistent 11.2's?

Just about. Few 11.2's, but mainly 11.3's

Ran an 11.311 @ 110mph (braked at end of strip so as to not break out due to awesome run through the gears) on an 11.30 dial in for my final with a .020 light. Was pretty much unbeatable in a street class.

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

That's pretty good man. What's the swag for a win?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...