Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 6d
Posted

Was tempted to tell Simon to tune the ZF while it was in there for the engine. Not enough cash at the moment though :P Btw, pick car up today, 328rwkw I think?

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Was tempted to tell Simon to tune the ZF while it was in there for the engine. Not enough cash at the moment though :P Btw, pick car up today, 328rwkw I think?

Call Shaun ,I think youre car is ready and they dont have your number.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 6d
Posted

Car has been ready since yesterday, Simon sent me a message on FB, I just slept all day so couldn't go get it :P Trying to scam a lift to go get it.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Trying out my 1st 75/25 V-Power/U98 miss at the mo. Current tank of U98 had the odd rattle when coming onto boost @ mid 1/4 to 1/2 throttle (still in closed loop) but was fine a WOT in Open Loop.

Im off down south this weekend so plan to run this tank out and the fill with V-Power and then throw some timing in and see what the benefits are.

  • Totally not a Cop
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I haven't had the greatest experience with it.

I've run two tanks, both equalled an average of around 350km to a full tank. Car has also stalled twice on startup and feels sluggish on boost.

I put half a tank of U98 in last night and I think I'll stick with it.

  • Totally not a Cop
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Nahhhh, it's got window tint, coilovers, rims and stickers!

Hoping to get my car up to Simon early Ocotober.

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted (edited)

I got 12.2L/100 on the last tank, thought I drove the same but we'll see how this new week goes. Badly so far as I had to smash back home to get house finance papers after leaving for work dammit...

Grug, nice one! Should gradually chop me now :) (you have a better PB already anyway)

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Donkey Dick
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Ricers are cheaper than these!

Cost my mate $400 for a full dyno tune and to fix some boost and injector problems.

Seeing as I've owned both, & heavily modified both... I think my opinion holds some weight. Trust me, imports are dearer in every sense apart from tuning, where you are charged for dyno time only instead of a flat rate.

Bonnet off FTW! Drive it down there with it off as well to save fuel via weight reduction. Oh and that would be good for the drag strip too, hahaha.

The only guy with a modified car worried about fuel consumption :roflmbo:

f*ck that dragging with no bonnet, I might end up with burnt rice all over the shinny bits.

I should have it booked in for the tranny tune and a couple of other bits in a week or two, so fingers crossed it will be very soon.

Not might... WILL! You will be in my rear view mirror from start to finish :tonguepoke:

Make it after Powercruise as that's when I plan on going down. Wouldn't mind getting the bigger squirters & new ignition system in first though as I'm still a long way off where it should be in terms of power output.

I haven't had the greatest experience with it.

I've run two tanks, both equalled an average of around 350km to a full tank. Car has also stalled twice on startup and feels sluggish on boost.

I put half a tank of U98 in last night and I think I'll stick with it.

What was your average kms per tank on U98?

Have you checked for fault codes, faulty coil(s), fouled plugs etc? Could be the root cause of the stalling, rather than fuel.

  • Totally not a Cop
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Haven't checked for anything wrong, seeing as the first stall was only seconds after putting a full tank of V-Power in and never once stalled with U98.

Usually get a solid 450 kays to a tank with U98.

Plus, it doesn't feel like it's missing or anything, so I don't think there's anything wrong with coils or plugs. Might put new plugs in this weekend though as I think they could be due.

Edited by Crashed

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...