arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/05/11 06:11 AM Posted 08/05/11 06:11 AM Guys I'm in a fortunate position to aquire Vertini rims from the states thru a mate of mine that has contacts there for an extremely good price...For those that know the offsets could you please recommend to suit my XR I'm thinking 19 x 8.5 and 9.5 for rears???? whats the legal side of things in regard to having larger rims and tyres???? is it 2 sizes up for tyres or are you screwed as soon as you change from stockies????If its a hassle I might just go for 19 x 8 all round but I like the staggered offset on rearswhats ppl thoughts on 18's???? waste of time?Cheers AndrewP.S please dont ask me to use search hahahaGive me a call and we can talk about offsets. Arron 0411733583
chippa Slippery when dry Legacy Donating Member 368 Member For: 19y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Foot Hills W.A Posted 08/05/11 09:07 AM Posted 08/05/11 09:07 AM (edited) Cheers Arron will do mate...and Murdok thx Edited 08/05/11 09:16 AM by chippa
sixappeal Small Member™ Legacy Donating Member 2,015 Member For: 18y 7m 25d Gender: Female Location: Perrrf. WA. Aus. ™ Posted 08/05/11 10:00 AM Posted 08/05/11 10:00 AM As Mike said your original image is too large and due to its original size it is rescaled to a 150x150 pixel box.You need to re-size the image to be no more than 150 pixels in either height or width. Try the one below, I cropped it a bit otherwise it would have been lot smaller.Thanks your a champ!
xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 08/05/11 10:53 AM Posted 08/05/11 10:53 AM I have 19 x 9.5 on the rears and 8.5 on the fronts. As far as I know, the rims can be upto 2 inches either side of the stock rim size in diameter, and within an inch from front to back in width sizes on the new rims. Hope that makes sense. Vertini rims hey, good choice!
xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 08/05/11 10:55 AM Posted 08/05/11 10:55 AM RIP, that xr8 bonnet is in neo and the guy is going to paint it for $200, so I'm going to run with that. Sorry mate.
chippa Slippery when dry Legacy Donating Member 368 Member For: 19y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Foot Hills W.A Posted 08/05/11 01:19 PM Posted 08/05/11 01:19 PM I have 19 x 9.5 on the rears and 8.5 on the fronts. As far as I know, the rims can be upto 2 inches either side of the stock rim size in diameter, and within an inch from front to back in width sizes on the new rims. Hope that makes sense. Vertini rims hey, good choice!Cheers Brophos...... I'll let you know how I get on....always wanted these rims as you know can you remember your offsets Brendan??
xr6t ego Member 1,112 Member For: 19y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: PERTH WA Posted 08/05/11 01:24 PM Posted 08/05/11 01:24 PM Sorry mate I cant. Will have a look around through my small mountain of receipts for any info. Wilkinsons supplied the rims for me, so they may have an idea of offsets for that rim.Will let you know.
Krazy Kyle Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds Legacy Donating Member 2,697 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Work Posted 08/05/11 03:01 PM Posted 08/05/11 03:01 PM the guy at the pits said you are only allowed 1 inch over standard for width. my car plate said 19x8 as standard and I got done for having 20x10's cos they where 2 wide. but the 20x9's on front where fine... will be back at pits next week for my other car so will confirm then
Superpursuit83 Member 201 Member For: 19y 3m 17d Posted 08/05/11 11:50 PM Posted 08/05/11 11:50 PM the guy at the pits said you are only allowed 1 inch over standard for width. my car plate said 19x8 as standard and I got done for having 20x10's cos they where 2 wide. but the 20x9's on front where fine... will be back at pits next week for my other car so will confirm thenYou drive a UTE, which is a commercial vehicle. Get a $20.00 permit and you can run 50% larger tyres rims (or 30% for sedan I think). I run 10's with 295 rubber on back. 8's with 245 on front. No problems.I am allowed to go to 365 rubber as long as it is noted on my permit.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/05/11 11:58 PM Posted 08/05/11 11:58 PM Need commercial reg for that John?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now