Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 19d
  • Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posted

Bastards have sent me an infringement notice for allegedly doing 78km/h in a 70 zone. Now, I vaguely recall seeing a beast on its little tripod in roughly the area that it was said to be (just after the 90 zone changes to a 70 zone, IIRC), but I didn't see its beady little flash didn't go off... I think I'd just zipped around some grandad doing 60 or so and thought "Phew". :spoton:

Bastards, that's all I can say.

Why don't you see 'em out in the 110km/h zone where all the head-ons occur and people get killed?

I guess I have to cop it sweet seeing as I probably was just over the limit, but you gotta say it's hardly a deterent when I get it 3 weeks after the alleged offense and can only just remember the circumstances.

Lightning....

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I got a parking ticket once and the parking office didn't even put it in on my windscreen. I found out about it 9 weeks later when my "Last and Final" notice came through in the post. I argued a similar defence that it happened so long ago that I could not remember the circumstances of the alleged offence :spoton: But all they would do was remove the overdue payment (extra $20 I think) for letting it drag out for so long. When I asked the Parking Offences company (the council had out-sourced the parking ticket inspectors to some 3rd party company - I.e. you have very little chance of getting a complete waiver because their income depends on successfully fining you :spoton: ) why I did not get a ticket on my windscreen, they cited "Occ Health and Safety reasons" Yeah, like I was going to argue with the parking officer :spoton:

Hey, have you noticed how those chalking stalks they carry around resemble police batons with a nasty looking hook on the end of them?

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted
Bastards have sent me an infringement notice for allegedly doing 78km/h in a 70 zone.  Now, I vaguely recall seeing a beast on its little tripod in roughly the area that it was said to be (just after the 90 zone changes to a 70 zone, IIRC), but I didn't see its beady little flash didn't go off...  I think I'd just zipped around some grandad doing 60 or so and thought "Phew".  :pinch:

Bastards, that's all I can say.

Why don't you see 'em out in the 110km/h zone where all the head-ons occur and people get killed?

I guess I have to cop it sweet seeing as I probably was just over the limit, but you gotta  say it's hardly a deterent when I get it 3 weeks after the alleged offense and can only just remember the circumstances.

Lightning....

Gotchya by one kph eh? As these things are set at 10% over the limit (used to be 10kph). And they don't use a flash now on the new and improved (which one is it now??) ones, also their radar is more slanted so you are practically right on top of them before the trusty old dash mounted warning device lets you know they are hidden nearby. :laughing:

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

I still get plenty of warning of upcoming multinovas'. A good 100m.

I go through so many a week, my detector has saved my a$$ countless times. Not that I fly around, but the same circumstances you encountered, just tickling over the limit..

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

Don't come down to Mandurah a lot then??

I've got the Bell XR850 and used to get good warning but since about the middle of the year have noticed a sharp drop in the time gap betwen the warning beep and the second (gotchya) beep and (now redundant) flash, not that I have had many flashes.

My last ticket was opposite the Mandurah Greyhounds turn off on Gordon Road, the mongrel would always set up to get the punters coming down the hill heading West, I was going up the hill and he had set up on my side of the road, warning beep second beep (no flash), I'm looking over the other side of the road no white ute, then I spy it on my side of the road, but as I got no flash I thought beautie. :spoton:

Two weeks later..... $100 and 1 point, 74 in a 60 zone, taking in the fudge factor was probably doing 76 (80 zone just over the hill). :crybaby:

So now it's hit the anchors (hard) when I hear the warning beep no matter what speed I'm doing (which is generally pretty close to the limit), stuff 'em! :laughing:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Yep, I picked up 67 in a 60 on Canning highway in the FORD EXPLORER they gave me as a courtesy car.

1. If you're servicing your FPV, shouldn't they give you something with a Radar detector in? :)

2. What happened to FPV drivers get better courtesy cars - I was given a 1.8 Focus last week.

:laughing:

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 11d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

yeh I was saved this morning by my Bel Vector 945 - 108 in a 100 running late for work.. a good 100m notice !!

Im thinking of upgrading to the Passport 8500 X50 or whatever its called, mainly becuase its got blue LEDS instead of red mwahah

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

Redhawk, I go from Bulter ( North, near Ocean Reef ) to Mandurah, Dawesville nearly every day.

I noticed the speed traps lately in mandurah, and multinovas' down there are everywhere.

I have the one Nang is on about, Passport Escort 8500 X50 in Blue.

It gives the best Multinova detection available. RX65 is so close it's not funny though. and it matches my interior lighting nicely..

I had a cheapie detector b4 which beeped as you were on top of them, hence my change to the better unit, I have not been booked since I have had a detector...

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted
Yep, I picked up 67 in a 60 on Canning highway in the FORD EXPLORER they gave me as a courtesy car. 

1. If you're servicing your FPV, shouldn't they give you something with a Radar detector in? :)

2. What happened to FPV drivers get better courtesy cars - I was given a 1.8 Focus last week.

:laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take the detector out of the car and put it in the loaner..

I agree with the loan cars too. I got put into a Focus once..

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I put in a Beltronics RX75, as it was supposed to be the best about, and wasn't obvious to the boys in blue. The catch is that these are installed with detectors front and back, and a small console inside.

Downside is I can't take it out easily, upside is that neither can anyone else (AND the console creates a use for the daft tissue box hole!)

Guess I'll just have to slow down in the courtesy car, even if it is against my religion..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...