Guest exr6 Guests Posted 29/11/02 05:45 AM Posted 29/11/02 05:45 AM I am new, & this is my first post here. I have been watching this board for a while with interest. Today I ordered me one of those beasts. My dealer does not have one to test drive, but there are are plenty around the place, but all spoken for. Has anybody had a drive yet? what is it like?
bwashington Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 23y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria... Posted 29/11/02 07:02 AM Posted 29/11/02 07:02 AM Hi all,This is my first post as well, though I've been lurking for some time. I ordered a XR6T from Rex Gorells in Geelong on the 18th of November. Spoke to the dealer today who tells me the car has arrived there, and will be ready for me to pick up Tuesday.Hope this gives some hope to you all who are expecting nightmarish delivery dates.Regards,Ben.XR6T, Blueprint, Blueprint interior, Sunroof, Tint, Momo Sequential Sports Shift, Alarm, Towpack, XR mats and scuff plates.
Guest exr6 Guests Posted 29/11/02 07:09 AM Posted 29/11/02 07:09 AM I was in there yesterday, maybe it was your blueprint xr6T I was looking at!I have ordered blueprint also
Djelibeybi Code Monkey Member 265 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 29/11/02 07:31 AM Posted 29/11/02 07:31 AM I don't even want to know how the hell you got your car so quickly, bwashington. I ordered my NA XR6 on the 6th November and I'm only expecting it late-December, early-January.Bastard! But I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course.
Guest exr6 Guests Posted 29/11/02 07:53 AM Posted 29/11/02 07:53 AM Ben, I was told today, not to expect my car until early March.Maybe you ordered it on the 18th of October not November
bwashington Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 23y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria... Posted 29/11/02 08:26 AM Posted 29/11/02 08:26 AM Nope, definately November 18...I had been hanging out for the XR8, but then saw Craig Lowndes drive the XR6T at the Geelong Speed Trials. Thought hmmm... not bad. Read that night how the power difference between the XR8 and the XR6T isnt going to be that huge when you figure in power to weight so went to the dealer the next day and ordered.Very lucky I know...Regards,Ben.XR6T, Blueprint, Blueprint interior, Sunroof, Tint, Momo Sequential Sports Shift, Alarm, Towpack, XR mats and scuff plates.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 4d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 29/11/02 09:25 AM Posted 29/11/02 09:25 AM Gee Ben, you sure are one lucky fellow.We ordered in late Oct and thought we had done well. Must have been a case of the right place at the right time hey??
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 29/11/02 12:38 PM Posted 29/11/02 12:38 PM ..... I ordered a XR6T from Rex Gorells in Geelong on the 18th of November. Spoke to the dealer today who tells me the car has arrived there, and will be ready for me to pick up Tuesday.Hope this gives some hope to you all who are expecting nightmarish delivery dates.... Ben,there IS a God that's all I can say 'cause that sounds like a miracle. Congrats and post pics please.If only my delivey was before March 2003 I'd be happy :(
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 29/11/02 12:44 PM Posted 29/11/02 12:44 PM Welcome exr6
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 29/11/02 01:25 PM Posted 29/11/02 01:25 PM Hmmm, Well, I'd love to know how you pulled that one off.Did some negotiating, scored an extra or two, scuff plates...etc and Bryan byrt ford have confirmed an early January build....YAY. Better than March!!!NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!Want an Acid rush XR6 Turbo?One will be on the production line on Monday, want to change it to something else? Contact your dealer and get them to pull strings. :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now