GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 20/09/05 12:37 AM Posted 20/09/05 12:37 AM looks mad, I really like it! could do with some bigger wheels though
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/09/05 12:57 AM Author Posted 20/09/05 12:57 AM I think the pictures might not do it that much justice. Don't get me wrong mate I am a big fan of what you are doing but from the pictures I would question the painter's ability to match the colour. It may be completely different in the flesh and un-noticible, but if I was paying that much money I would get it back to the shop and tell them to try again.Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist...If it isn't noticible on the street then I am well impressed with the job Hope I haven't offended anyone... I just like perfection when I pay lots of money for things.Steve.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well spotted Steve How happy I am with the result depends on the light In the sun it looks really close to the original paint, but the more shade, the more the difference is noticable Thing is though, I am reluctant to take it back to the guy who did the job, as I had to spend most of last weekend fixing a few issues, and cleaning overspray off the car I have decided to just wait and see how it looks in a few weeks, and also if I can live with the result.It appears that the bumpers (plastic or fibreglass) are not that easy to paint, as several painters told me that they become static when sprayed, causing the paint to behave differently, than when sprayed to a metal panel.
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 18d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/09/05 03:24 AM Posted 20/09/05 03:24 AM I hear the phoon boys are keen to assist on the black marketspecially with "typhoon tissues" shazzy NOT
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 20/09/05 03:35 AM Posted 20/09/05 03:35 AM Sorry to say but that a GT front bar not a Typhoon bar
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/09/05 03:55 AM Author Posted 20/09/05 03:55 AM Sorry to say but that a GT front bar not a Typhoon bar <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know.Actually like the GT bar better, and also think it might work better for the T, as it has better airflow, due the the additional air coming through the splitter. I think this is particularly important when there is a fairly fine mesh across the bottom opening.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/09/05 04:32 AM Posted 20/09/05 04:32 AM Yeah I guess it does have a lot to do with the surface it is being painted to. I imagine the colour of my car would produce the same result. There are ways around the static problem... The plastic of the bar looks like it is very smooth and that they probably have issues with painting it in the first place. I guess it's a good effort, but it can't hurt to ask for another match-up... I would tell them you aren't happy with it but will see how it goes for a couple of weeks... that way it's not a huge surprise to them when you drive in asking for a re-spray. Who did the job?
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/09/05 04:56 AM Author Posted 20/09/05 04:56 AM Who did the job?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>A place called 'True Colours' in BayswaterThe guy swore he would be as good as anyone, and that he took particular care when matchnig colours, hence the name 'True Colours'.I have already mentioned the colour match to him, but as posted in previous response, I am a bit hesitant going back there
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 20/09/05 05:00 AM Posted 20/09/05 05:00 AM Yeah fair enough mate. Hope it gets better for ya! If you do go back to them make it known that you weren't impressed with finishing off the job for them (removing overspray)... get them on the back foot
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 12d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 20/09/05 09:11 AM Posted 20/09/05 09:11 AM I agreed that the front bar looks tough! hence why I got one.. just fitted it this weekend.. I love it! and it is a tad lower than the original would be crazy to have it on a lowered T! It can just clear a coke can as it is. Mine was not that easy to fit.. I think there is some excess firbeglass on the left side... will fix it up this weekend and I have to fit the stone guard back one somehow.Ninka how did you go about fitting the fog lights.. mine were a mission and I think I broke a clip on one of them.. Here is my bar.. just gotta get the Badge back on...
DCVIN Member 224 Member For: 21y 5m 12d Location: Perth Western Australia Posted 20/09/05 09:14 AM Posted 20/09/05 09:14 AM I agreed that the front bar looks tough! hence why I got one.. just fitted it this weekend.. I love it! and it is a tad lower than the original would be crazy to have it on a lowered T!Mine was not that easy to fit.. I think there is some excess firbeglass on the left side which is holding the clips back... will fix it up this weekend and I have to fit the stone guard back on somehow.Ninka how did you go about fitting the fog lights.. mine were a mission and I think I broke a clip on one of them.. Here is my bar.. just gotta get the Badge back on...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now