DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 16d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 22/09/05 03:35 AM Posted 22/09/05 03:35 AM I support you too Ninka - no need for that Blonk.In my opionion the Typhoon is so close in specification to an XR6T it isnt funny. If you get an XR6T Mk 2 with premium brakes and custom pack interior, the only material differences I know of are:- Wheels (can get nicer ones aftermarket, and in my case I prefer the Mk2 rims to the Typhoon)- Typhoon Intercooler bigger than XR6T(aftermarket better)- Typhoon has second CAI (pocketmoney to add to XR6T)- Typhoon Rods - slightly better - I believe it uses same as LPG car- Valvesprings Typhoon and Mk2 the same apparently now- Bodykit and badges (taste thing - but not that much different, especially BF to Typhoon)- Variable cam timing (though we havnt really heard how much this is worth powerwise, and BF will get it anyway)- Suspension may be lower (havnt heard that confirmed) - but either car can be improved with King Springs.XR6T Base Price with options as above - $57,480Typhoon F6 Price - standard - $58,950 (run out price) add a couple thousand for leather $61ish At the moment - the Typhoon is a good price at only around $3,500 extra (on pricelist off the internet) - but... you can normally get a better price on XR6T with these options through discountm- and then have change to mod beyond the Typoon performance and specifications. FPV are not open to as big a discount from what I have been told.You might think that the price of the Typhoon will hold better than the XR6T - but going by second hand GT prices - I dont like your chances.So - At the end of the day 90% of the car is the same, 5% can be spec'd up on the XR6T and the final 5% can be exceeded with aftermarket parts for the same price.If you want a factory standard car - no argument the Typhoon is better - but not better value for money yet.The Typhoon will always hold some additional appeal - as it is a less common car, but remember - it is basically an XR6T which FPV have modified - not much different to what most people on this site do.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What a crock of Wonder if the SS boys think the same when compare it to a clubsport (dont think so)
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 22/09/05 03:37 AM Posted 22/09/05 03:37 AM (edited) Care to expand on your whitty reparte?And yes - they do, as indeed the SV8 boys do as well - as they are faster than SS and some HSVs Edited 22/09/05 03:38 AM by cobrav8
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 3m Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 22/09/05 03:40 AM Posted 22/09/05 03:40 AM Time to close this thread!!!! Ninka you tried and thanks for showing us all....Might just have to show us Perth lads, and forget about the negative personalities.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 22/09/05 03:46 AM Posted 22/09/05 03:46 AM I happen to like all XRs, GTs and Typhoons - and if money wasnt an object maybe a Typhoon modded would be my ideal model at the moment.I also like HSV and SS, Sv8s - they are all good cars.The thing that annoys me is that some guys (not most) who get the top of the line models think that their car is so much better than the ones that are 1 peg down. In reality - performance wise, suspension, brakes etc are not much different - in some cases - some improvement, but not to the degree that these elitists seem to throw back at the 'peasants'. Why degrade someone who improves their car? Surely the fact that they enhance their car toward what you have is a compliment.So - rant over, but I just dont like to see this kind of abuse.
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 22/09/05 04:15 AM Posted 22/09/05 04:15 AM Good onya Ninka, glad to see an enthusiast individualising their car. I've been driving Falcons for years, have changed dashes, grills, allsorts, I wasnt trying to make it into a GT just putting parts I liked/could afford on my wheels.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now