macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 8d Location: Mildura Posted 15/08/05 12:34 PM Posted 15/08/05 12:34 PM Hope the SCT guy's are busy working on a way to turn this off. Looks like even less fun than drivin a Volvo macka
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/08/05 12:41 PM Posted 15/08/05 12:41 PM Hope the SCT guy's are busy working on a way to turn this off. Looks like even less fun than drivin a Volvo mackaSwitch on the dash???Top Gear was demoing a system on some show yesterday. They were turning it on and off like traction control.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/08/05 01:00 PM Posted 15/08/05 01:00 PM The way the ESP/DAT anti fun device stops a slide is by applying brakes on indavidual wheels straightning up the car to get the wheels turning, thus giving you steering. My wifes Kluger has DAT (Driver Advanced Technology) or some crap like that. The Kluger makes bell chiming noises when it has been activated......this happend a lot when I drive. It seems very sensative, but on a dirt road I could not gt the thing sideways, seems good if you are a complete tool of a driver, or its the wifes car There is no switch to turn it off
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 15/08/05 02:37 PM Posted 15/08/05 02:37 PM a little birdie told methe new Falcon will be released at a rather big event!!!! More colours ???Shazzy <{POST_SNAPBACK}>bathurst you say <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If I told you I would have to kill you... but your ESP seems to be working
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 15/08/05 02:38 PM Posted 15/08/05 02:38 PM Why would I want to stop a slide?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here Here!!!!
spoonage Long Member Member 169 Member For: 21y 7m 18d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 15/08/05 10:33 PM Posted 15/08/05 10:33 PM My wifes Kluger has DAT (Driver Advanced Technology) or some crap like that. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Driver Assist Technology.
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 16/08/05 08:57 AM Posted 16/08/05 08:57 AM The AWD Territory already has dynamic stability control, and it can be switched off. Press the button once and it switches off DSC, press it again and it will switch off traction control as well.
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 5d Location: On the edge Posted 16/08/05 09:52 AM Posted 16/08/05 09:52 AM ESP = Electronic Stability ProgramIt is a Bosch derived acronym, and as such, it is used by Ford who have the Bosch systems in the Falcon and also in the Territory.Ross<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that Ross.I've never heard it refered to as ESP.Venom is right also.The name Ford give thier system is Dynamic Stability Control on the Territory AWD's.It utilizes the Bosch 8 ABS control unit assy.Compared to the Bosch 5.3 system on the BA range.
Shockwave-T Member 96 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 16/08/05 01:13 PM Posted 16/08/05 01:13 PM Back on topic.. I was told today that the new BF Falcon will be released in November this year - no BA MkIII. I was also told that the na 6s will have 190kw and the cars equipped with the new 6 speed auto (including Fairmont) will be as quick as the current XR6Ts. Dunno about that, but yeah.By the way, I was told by the dealer when I finally picked up my car this afternoon I'll have pics up soon.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/08/05 07:02 AM Posted 17/08/05 07:02 AM Just got an email from Ford. Confirms BF and NOT BA MkIII, mentions more power and torque, but doesnt give specifics.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now