Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Need to organise insurance so I can pick up the phoon next saturday

What insurance companies has anyone found to have the best deal..

Can't get online quotes for FPV and without ringing round and going through the 30,000 questions, thought someone might have some ideas

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Blonk I am with AAMI as I plan to mod. My T with mods was $987 p/a full no claim etc. The Phoon on the other hand is costing me $2200. This even with Alarm and Microdots. :spoton:

AAMI says it is likely that premiums will possibly reduce after a 12 month review of claim data as this is a new model :spoton:

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Being in Sydney would push that cost up, I have heard they have some great rates for us country folk, and accept mods (to a limit)

Guest chrisf6
  • Guests
Posted

I am 30 and live in syd,I get my f6 hopefully in 4 to 5 weeks,NRMA qoute me $1380 with max no claim and multi policy disc and long service disc

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted (edited)

I was 28 when I got my Tornado. $1140 thru Suncorp with all the options, max NCB ( hire car, hotel, windscreen etc ) on business use (more exxy)

Can modify it but they don't like ''big body kits''

Oh, when I enquired about insurance, they based the quote on the Typhoon, because Tornado wasn't in their system, Typhoon was $1100 valued the same as the Tornado ($60K) :)

Edited by F6 UTE
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 3d
  • Location: Newcastle, NSW
Posted

Just took out a policy for F6 with AAMI. Cost was $1178 for Newcastle age 35.

First time I rang the quote was $1380. Second time I got the $1178 and signed up!

Same quote with GIO was $1530.

Now......if I can just make it through to tomorrow afternoon, I'll finally have the Typhoon :smilielol:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 13d
Posted

$1,165 with Shannons - 39 year old in Tassie. Mods no problem - just make sure to let them know. Next best quote was $2,200 with Just Cars. RAC and AAMI didn't want a bar of it!!

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Just took out a policy for F6 with AAMI. Cost was $1178 for Newcastle age 35.

First time I rang the quote was $1380. Second time I got the $1178 and signed up!

Same quote with GIO was $1530.

Now......if I can just make it through to tomorrow afternoon, I'll finally have the Typhoon  :blink:

Did you make It?????

Internet quotes won't accept FPV's

Just have to ring around but at least now I have narrowed it down to 3 phone calls...

Thanks all....

And welcome MercuryF6

(excellent colour choice of the discerning owner but I think blaze is now the thing)

Have fun.......

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 3d
  • Location: Newcastle, NSW
Posted
Did you make It?????

Internet quotes won't accept FPV's

Just have to ring around but at least now I have narrowed it down to 3 phone calls...

Thanks all....

And welcome MercuryF6

(excellent colour choice of the discerning owner but I think blaze is now the thing)

Have fun.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't made it yet.......just one more sleep!

Thanks for the welcome Blonk. I like the Mercury Silver myself, but I haven't seen an F6 in any colour that looks bad. The little FPV add-ons make them all look good!

Lucky we've got these forums to entertain the appetite during the wait.......just one more sleep!

Posted

Dam might need to get a Typhoon, I pay $355o a year for my MKII xr8 in sydney. That is through Just Cars, no one else besides NRMA would touch it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...