phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 27/07/05 05:24 AM Posted 27/07/05 05:24 AM hmm I am female - but not a wife I have no trouble driving the manual. the cruise control is excellent on the hwys no dramasMANUAL = lots of fun Shaz
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 27/07/05 05:31 AM Posted 27/07/05 05:31 AM I'm an auto owner and got it purely as I was to be stuck in gridlock every morning on the way to work... now that I've changed jobs... I'm back to where I was.... and that was wanting the manual... go the manual unless you want to become a Quarter Mile queen... errr king!
harvyk Member 1,070 Member For: 21y 7m 2d Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra... Posted 27/07/05 07:00 AM Posted 27/07/05 07:00 AM harvyk, what was it about the Auto that nearly put you off the T? Im guessing it had something to do with being off boost when exiting corners....<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I guess it's more that I like manuals, I don't tend to drive Auto's (unless I'm driving my wifes car) and the SSS didn't behave properly which all 3 things together meant that I didn't enjoy the drive as much as I did with others... I was later told that the Auto's like to learn about your driving style before they behave properly (it take about a week apparently), and yeah I found it dropping down when I didn't want to (and coming on boost) and yet at other times it didn't drop down when I though it should...But just my $2.70 worth...edit: It was also my first experience with the T, I had been testing N/A's up until that point... But when I did the test in a manual T I felt it pulling as hard but I also felt I had more control...
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/07/05 07:04 AM Posted 27/07/05 07:04 AM hmm I am female<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey, is dinner ready yet love?Until recently I would have recommended the auto all the way, but after countless recent occurrences with members of this forum (and as mentioned by cobrav8) with the auto kicking down unexpectedly in the wet I would think twice next time. The only reason why I wouldn’t get a manual in my next vehicle would be the lower towing capacity.But either way I don’t think you’ll be disappointed – just get one!Trent.
Shockwave-T Member 96 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Location: Melbourne Posted 27/07/05 07:14 AM Posted 27/07/05 07:14 AM I have only ever driven manual XR6Ts so can't give you a comparisoon, but all I want to say is if you have only had manual cars in the past, and you enjoy driving manual, when you get an auto, you will find it boring and wish you hadn't done it (well, that's how I felt when I bought my BMW).I didn't really feel that the clutch in the XR6T was heavy either. There are many cars out there with heavier clutches.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 27/07/05 07:20 AM Posted 27/07/05 07:20 AM 6sp clutch is different to 5sp....heavier. Drive a late lodel mustang and you will realise what a heavy clutch is!!! 6sp clutch is fine in my opinion. Oh and auto kick down in the wet would be a safety issue, this nearly killed me in a VL commodore.
WCE Member 20 Member For: 21y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 27/07/05 08:52 AM Posted 27/07/05 08:52 AM I have driven manuals for 18 years this car is my first auto. It's great in peak hour to use the auto and at other times to also have the option to be able to use the semi auto to slow down for corners or to downshift through the twisty stuff. I haven't had any issues with the auto doing this and the auto seems to provide the best of both worlds.Mind you I dont chuck burnouts or race the car at tracks, nor have I modified the car in any way.There's my two cent worth anyway, good luck with your choice.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 27/07/05 10:56 AM Posted 27/07/05 10:56 AM For what its worth , I have recently jumped into my first manual car in ~ 15years and I am stoked with it ( Turbo6man must have worn me down )In my Auto T I wore all the shine off my knob in manual mode If straightline speed is not your ultimate goal and traffic doesn't you to tears , go the manual , lots and lots of fun
markxr6t Member 476 Member For: 21y 11m 4d Location: Perth WA Posted 27/07/05 12:34 PM Posted 27/07/05 12:34 PM Driven both, loved both, bought a manual and love it too, even if it is a T5. The only times I wish I had an auto was my 2 trips to the drags. Whatever you choose, you'll wonder about the other but you won't regret your decision.Mark
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 27/07/05 12:42 PM Posted 27/07/05 12:42 PM manual is the way to go and alot of fun!!can't wait to get my MKII 6 speed!!few months to go still dal
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now