andyturbo Member 500 Member For: 22y 6m 20d Gender: Male Posted 25/07/05 12:41 PM Posted 25/07/05 12:41 PM Regardless of how the magazines test there cars, ALL the cars are tested the same. If, in a mag shootout car x beats car y, then it'll beat it wherever it runs, regardless.. As for chasing .2 well u can loose that on any given gearchange on any given run...And I hope this doesn't breed a new theory of, "well Motor tested my car as a 14.1, BUT because of there timing devices, it's REALLY a 13.8 car" blah blah..Also, with a 13.2 standard, we should see a high 12 sec pass from a $1500 edit & tune eh?? sweeeit..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>True, but as fords generly have more torque than holdens (xr8/ss, typhoon/LS2) wouldn't this be more of a disadvantage to fords as it would effect the launch more (if they are dumping the clutches on all the cars at peak torque)
turbocorty Legacy Donating Member 178 Member For: 23y 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/07/05 01:00 PM Author Posted 25/07/05 01:00 PM That is a great result Turbocorty!! I am taking my car to Willowbank this Wednesday night and I will post the results on Thursday. My F6 is totally stock and I will be very happy with anything in the 13's.My worst nightmare now is only doing 14's Everyone will say that you must have had mods or edit or something. Personally I believe these cars are capable of mid 13's stock standard ever since the new clutch went in.Hi Qiksmurf,I am relying on you to prove that my car is stock...You can do it!My advise if you want it , your takoff must be contolled without wheelspin. Ride the clutch but don't floor it of the line, wait until the car is moving, release the clutch, then nail it.I try to imagine that the is on coming trafic and I need to cross the intersection as quickly as possible without wheelspin.The other great thing is the gearbox..you can change very quickly without fear of missing the 2 to 3rd change.I'm sure you will get 13..Even my worst run with wheelspin through all of first was a 13. Good Luck!!CheersG
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 18d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 25/07/05 01:12 PM Posted 25/07/05 01:12 PM That is a great result Turbocorty!! I am taking my car to Willowbank this Wednesday night and I will post the results on Thursday. My F6 is totally stock and I will be very happy with anything in the 13's.My worst nightmare now is only doing 14's Everyone will say that you must have had mods or edit or something. Personally I believe these cars are capable of mid 13's stock standard ever since the new clutch went in.Hi Qiksmurf,I am relying on you to prove that my car is stock...You can do it!My advise if you want it , your takoff must be contolled without wheelspin. Ride the clutch but don't floor it of the line, wait until the car is moving, release the clutch, then nail it.I try to imagine that the is on coming trafic and I need to cross the intersection as quickly as possible without wheelspin.The other great thing is the gearbox..you can change very quickly without fear of missing the 2 to 3rd change.I'm sure you will get 13..Even my worst run with wheelspin through all of first was a 13. Good Luck!!CheersGthat's what I wanna hear... Even with a crap start, you still got into the 13's... Brilliant!
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 25/07/05 11:21 PM Posted 25/07/05 11:21 PM hi guys , just wanted to know what a standard t was pulling over the quater mile?CheersI pulled a 13.93 @ 102mph the same night Dean. Stock T that is
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/07/05 04:39 AM Posted 26/07/05 04:39 AM I love this thread
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 26/07/05 04:55 AM Posted 26/07/05 04:55 AM well done mate !!can,t wait for the 6 speed auto....Neither can I! that will be one fast stocko..I have no idea how these magazine drive the cars..Dave.
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 26/07/05 05:15 AM Posted 26/07/05 05:15 AM That's quick, gotta be happy with that. The mag Company's just bloody jump in and out of bed whenever with whomever they are told to IMO. One moment the T is awesome, now it's too slow (in Wheels and Motor recently).
Dr Z Member 378 Member For: 22y 7m 13d Posted 26/07/05 10:48 AM Posted 26/07/05 10:48 AM Congratulations turbocorty! With manufacturer's tolerances being the way they are, its a fair bet that a lot of other Phoon owners would love to own the beauty you have there. Enjoy! Safe and happy driving...Dr Z.
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 26/07/05 12:46 PM Posted 26/07/05 12:46 PM I agree with some of your coments here, the mag's get caried away with; drop at 3000 and do the run , this works great with ls1's I have tried with a few gen 3's and it is the best way because they have no touque before 3000, but in xr6t's no wheel spin is best, when you break traction your run is ruined, use the clutch that is what it is there for.
vuster Member 112 Member For: 21y 11m 2d Location: Melbourne Posted 27/07/05 04:23 AM Posted 27/07/05 04:23 AM Good luck tonight QikSmurf. Let us know the results tomorrow.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now