Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 5d
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

Hi JZ,

I know a bloke that had a complete Barra engine non turbo. He only wanted $2600 (Aus) as far as I know he still has it. Only travelled 3000km. Don't know how much it would cost to ship to the US though. If you interested I can find out if he still has it. :nono:

macka

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

Maybe you should import a complete car - and modify the whole lot - would make for an interesting beast in America.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 5d
Posted

We are looking for a turbo engine right now only. As for importing a car...well that would be very expensive indeed. Right now we are talking with Ford USA and seeing what they can do to help us.

JZ

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 4m 5d
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

I thought that the Turbo and N/A engine were exactly the same only lower compresion.

Seeing as though you going to completely rebuild the engine whats the difference.

I can only think of one possibility :pooh:

I know the turbo engine has a girdle but I'm not sure about the N/A engine other than that they are identical. Maybe some Ford workers can confirm. :kissmy:

Considering you pay approx $1800 for a short motor I would have thought $2500 incl PCM was a pretty good price for a complete engine.

good luck with your hunting :pooh: look forward to seeing your results

macka

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 5d
Posted

Is the N/A motor the same except for compression?? Is the compression difference just due to piston difference?? Also does the N/A motor have piston squirters or does the Xr6 motor even have those. Also is the head the same and intake??? If they were all indeed the same then I would be interested.

JZ

  • Wanabe mechanical engineer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the computer, obviously.....
Posted
Is the N/A motor the same except for compression?? Is the compression difference just due to piston difference?? Also does the N/A motor have piston squirters or does the Xr6 motor even have those. Also is the head the same and intake??? If they were all indeed the same then I would be interested.

JZ

I think the short blocks are almost identicle, but the long block would have all the differences... So a short block of either engine will give you everything you need and everything you don't need.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 6d
  • Location: Geelong Victoria
Posted
Is the N/A motor the same except for compression?? Is the compression difference just due to piston difference?? Also does the N/A motor have piston squirters or does the Xr6 motor even have those. Also is the head the same and intake??? If they were all indeed the same then I would be interested.

JZ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pistons, conrods are slightly different, both have oil squirters. Head is same casting but valves are stainless in turbo. Lower intake assembly is very similar bar the variable intake butterflies aren't used in the turbo as they aren't needed, and different fuel regulator on fuel rail. Upper inlet manifold has different MAP sensor. Only slight differences between them, most of the stuff you would junk anyway such as rods and pistons.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 10d
Posted
His car is running a PTE 101 Thumper series. From 91.5 to 106mm they are all the same outer physical size.

Here is another picture which is more up close....enjoy.....

<div class='bbimg'><div class='bbimg'>

Onofre_13.jpg
</div></div>...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the video.

that's just like my car....only five times more powerful....

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted

Insane, I like your style...

I take it with our road cars weighing in at 3900Lb's and set to run a 9 shortly, you will have no dramas running 7's with ~40% more power..

Can you post a picture of the shell you plan on using?? I take it I'm like most ppl here and have no idea what a 'fox' looks like.. What does it weigh??

Cheers, and good luck..

btw, does your Talon run the 4G63, and why are you running such a small snail on it???? what times have you got out of it?? nice little powerplant :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...