Logsie Logsie Member 336 Member For: 21y 6m 27d Location: Queensland (Brisbane) Posted 06/07/05 03:53 AM Posted 06/07/05 03:53 AM I run 36psi in all
Fulch Member 74 Member For: 22y 1m Location: Gold Coast Posted 06/07/05 04:26 AM Posted 06/07/05 04:26 AM 39psi all round
TheBoss Member 19 Member For: 21y 4m 21d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 06/07/05 04:37 AM Posted 06/07/05 04:37 AM I run 2psi less than the maximum ratting, with this rule along with tyre rotation every 10K Kms I get a very good mileage out of the tyres. Currently I am running 42psi front and rear because the maximum rating is 44psi on my Hankook 225's.On my last set of tyres I've got 103,000 Kms out of the factory fitted Bridgestones, by keeping them 2psi less than the maximum rating and rotating them at 10,000 Kms.
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/07/05 04:44 AM Posted 06/07/05 04:44 AM 45 in the front 40 in the rear (19's) when I did my last defensive driving they recomended 36psi around town and 40 on the freeway for most tires and to add another 5 psi for low profile tyres.Your Last ?How many have you done ?
Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Posted 06/07/05 05:40 AM Posted 06/07/05 05:40 AM I too have the SP9000 245/40/ZR18I Run 42 PSI front, and 40PSI rear. This gives very good grip, minimal tyre roll, and good service life out of the tyres.I also rotate them every 15k.Ross
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 06/07/05 05:49 AM Posted 06/07/05 05:49 AM I too have the SP9000 245/40/ZR18I Run 42 PSI front, and 40PSI rear. This gives very good grip, minimal tyre roll, and good service life out of the tyres.I also rotate them every 15k.Ross<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ditto I am also running these pressures and agree with your comments. I will let you know about tyre wear once I get a few more clicks on the beast One thing though, I seem to get a lot more road noise from these than the 3000s on the T
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 06/07/05 06:41 AM Posted 06/07/05 06:41 AM Running 30/32 on mine.Done 36,000 no sign of bad wear yet and no problems with gripJust an opinion.I think these pressures are way too low for these type of tyres. Yes, you will get a very soft ride but if you happen to hit a decent pothole you will almost certainly ruin wheels and tyres. Why not give some higher pressures a bit of a trial. Meself runs 40 all round. The last NSW HWP officer that got me to contribute to the fund told me that they run 42 all round.IMHO....
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m 4d Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 06/07/05 10:29 AM Posted 06/07/05 10:29 AM 38 All Round... Got 28oookmscikas
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 06/07/05 11:53 AM Posted 06/07/05 11:53 AM Yep, SO many threads on this.Currently running 38-39 rear & 40-41 front. Handles much better than 32 all round as recommended - lol - and wearing well, but VERY early days yet for my machine.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 06/07/05 01:05 PM Posted 06/07/05 01:05 PM (edited) Hi AllI run 38PSI all round, got 32,000km then did a track day and destroyed what was left. Ride, comfort and handling is acceptable. They were 17".Big AL Edited 06/07/05 01:07 PM by cooltint
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now